• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB: Early LS-80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3pupLPC

Reaction score
Preferably a 78-80 Les Paul Reborn, but fine with Reborn Old. Goldtop or 'burst. In North America a plus.

haha is this after seeing a spate of them on MLP?
they look to be lovely guitfiddles though

Sure about the '78-'80 period Doug? Late '79 to mid '81 seems to be the best period regarding the choice of (tone) woods.

Let's feed the fire......

imgp5471.jpg

imgp5447o.jpg

imgp5457b.jpg

imgp5470w.jpg

Yeah spikey, feed the fire with probably the nicest looking top I've ever seen on an LS-80. You'd better not let that one go. Stunning.

I'd also agree with Jacco and say don't limit yourself to '78-'80. I think the '81 Love Rocks are amazing guitars and not missing in anything that Reborn or Reborn Old would give you (except a little less money!).

yeah, that's it guys... twist the knife :D

Is that the one that went from YJ, to the PacNW, then Down Under? Beauty.

Actually, I've been shopping for one for at least 3 years, but I can never seem to win, or see even see the auction of ones I want before its over.

3Pup, you are mistaking my LS-80 that I got from a member here and sent to Australia in trade for a Greco. This one off YJ is in my possession now.
I'd be happy to help you find one if you shoot me a PM with your budget...

7046291575_8fb0e366bb_b.jpg

3pupLPC said:

Actually, I've been shopping for one for at least 3 years, but I can never seem to win, or see even see the auction of ones I want before its over.

3pupLPC said:

I dunno it's history? Yes, the top is solid and it's the best LP I've ever owned.
Always get's attention at gigs.

NGD coming soon boys! It's a couple weeks away yet, but I am patient....
James, very similar to that one you have there :D

Thanks everyone who made offers.

Latest posts

Back