Which Tokai Guitar to buy to resell ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web Surf

Reaction score
I have made an agreement with a Japanese distributor to get absolutely smashing prices if I buy 5-6 new Tokai's at once.

I can then keep 2-3 and sell 2-3. I have an e-bay rating of 100% positives on 10 deals. I feel like keeping an ES and SG for myself.

What would be the best Tokai models to buy with an idea to resell them ? What are the High volume, much in demand, higher models from their top range ?

Where are you located and what prices can you get? i might be interested in a LP.

I have agreed with the distri to keep the prices confidential.

I request those interested to please PM me

This is a one time only deal as I am not in the guitar business ;)

I'm just trying to figure out a way to get better prices on my 2-3 guitars by joining up with others and buying 5-6 guitars in one shot on my trip to Japan.

I bet you have problems getting through customs. Others have tried this and ended up only being able to bring bodies into the US. Had to disassemble the guitars in customs.

No go for distribution of Tokai guitars that emulate Gibson guitars here in the US. One or two yes, but not that many. Les paul style guitars don't look to cool with the necks sawed off. Maybe if you shipped in a private container, But that would be smuggling. Just be happy with one at a time. That works for me.
You are already getting a great deal on these guitars compared to brand "G" so don't blow it by to many.

Mark :D

I dont live in USA. I dont intend to get 5 G lookalikes into the US of A

I live in Saudi Arabia !!

I was planning that when I visit Japan, I can get the guitars with me to Saudi Arabia and then reship one by one

or have them shipped direct one at a time from Japan to the final customer in EU/USA/ROW ( if I find a reliable freight forwarder during my short trip)

yeah I do...I`m in japan and was wondering which distributor is doing this for him. Also which distributor is selling directly to customers bypassing the shops, could be good info for us living in japan you know.

OK, That makes sense. I wish I knew a way to bring them in, but they would catch on eventually and I would loose my shorts. I guess a guy could bring one in every 2 weeks and get away with it. But by the time you add up all the costs you can't turn a profit here in the US because people just don't know much about them yet. Thats fine with me though!

Mark

Sorry for late reply. I dont check in here often and I did ask interested parties to PM me !!

One of my Japanese associates wants to barter favours with me. He has offered me close to his Disti price on few guitars.

As I explained earlier, this is a one off deal and at the most I can get about 5 guitars.

I play guitar a bit and thought I would buy 1-2 for myself and sell the rest

For obvious reasons I cannot name the Disti

However things dont look too attractive if I have to first ship to Saudi Arabia and then to a buyer elsewhere. The only way I can make a bit of money is if I can ship the guitar to buyers direct from Japan.

I will make another post if I can find a way for a freight company in Japan to store the Guitars for me and ship to buyers direct from there.

If I do get some guitars for myself, I will surely post pics and comments !!!

In the meanwhile, I once again request interested parties to PM me.

I believe Japanese shops can go straight to the makers they don`t need distributors. There are some importers here who deal with stuff coming in, like Yamano for example, one of if not the biggest. Why don`t you just try to get a better price from a shop if you buy several guitars? It is possible with chain stores if you deal with the manager. `coures you`ll need to bring a Japanese person to facilitate the entire process. Better yet...buy used, there are excellent deals to be had in the bigger cities like Tokyo.

Latest posts

Back