What's the difference between LC and LS ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Web Surf

Reaction score
I'm sure the answer is obvious and also hidden in some earlier post ( but I could not find it)

Please guide me what are the differences in between an LC and an LS ?

Which one is "better" ?

Hi,

C = LP Custom
S = LP Standard

The only difference between them in the "mid price range" of the japanese Tokais is the look. Pickups and woods are the same. The higher end LCs (185 or 195S) have ebony for the fingerboard, and the LC185 has a complete mahogany body.

Which one is better? Well, which burger has the better taste? With or without onions?

Andi

Andi's right, but just to exapnd:

The mid-range LC has extra binding on the body and headstock, gold hardware, and different finish options. The differences are purely cosmetic.

Thanks !

PS : I will be in Cardiff for 2 days in first week of July 2006. Heard the Castle, Science museum and Baths are a must-see

Web Surf said:
Thanks !

PS : I will be in Cardiff for 2 days in first week of July 2006. Heard the Castle, Science museum and Baths are a must-see

The museums, castle and stadium are all worth a look. There's some good guitar shops on and around St Mary street as well - plus quite a few bars with live music.

The only difference between them in the "mid price range" of the japanese Tokais is the look. Pickups and woods are the same. The higher end LCs (185 or 195S) have ebony for the fingerboard, and the LC185 has a complete mahogany body.

I thought that all the LCs had mahogany bodies with no maple cap. Can you confirm that the LC70 or 85 or whatever it is now is not pure mahogany?

It's a shame if it does have the maple cap as I liked the idea of Tokai adhering to the original Custom construction. It also means I'll stop being interested in getting one... :cry:

The current Les Paul Custom models of Tokai are:
LC85, Mahogany back and top, Color wine red -see through
LC85S, Mahogany back, Hard maple top, Colors: Black and white.
So, Schocker, no cry, go for it ... :wink:

There are high end LC's such as LC 185 and LC180S available too.

Latest posts

Back