Well Done England! Freddy helps England to Ashes Lead

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVsearch

Reaction score
I've enjoyed this test more than the first one, but have realised why England played that way in the first test - spectre of a 5-0 whitewash hanging over them!

So, well done for that draw and congrats on winning the second test. The series is warming up.

Erm, I don't know much about cricket (one of the many terrible things we imposed on the colonies), but aren't you supposed to be upset if Australia is losing?

:eek:

Mike

stratman323 said:
Erm, I don't know much about cricket (one of the many terrible things we imposed on the colonies), but aren't you supposed to be upset if Australia is losing?

:eek:

Mike

I do like cricket a lot - all of it, including the IPL which is great as well.

Problem is, I'm half English and I lived in London for 8 years, so I'm pretty fond of the place. Also I'm happy to see a good contest even if Aus loses, and to be honest that 5-0 whitewash in 2007 was just total *****, no fun at all.

i'm kinda torn between wanting england to win, and knowing that if they do, they'll go on about it for the next 50 years. :eek:

it also doesn't help that the selectors persist in selecting players I don't like.

I'd say, "well done umpires"....NOT, 3 of the first 4 wickets were not out and this morning Strauss is claiming that he caught the ball that CLEARLY hit the ground......Can't wait for the new system in October. On a good note, i played a 20/20 final on sunday and we WON yeeha i got 3-20 of 4 overs and was the leading wicket taker for the competition and my son was leading run scorer.....Next plan WORLD DOMINATION....hahahahahah :eek:

Mick

I have thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 Ashes so far - plenty of drama and ups & downs for both sides. Australia did have some bad luck with decisions at Lords, which is a shame, but there are still three tests for that luck to get evened out.

I actually enjoyed the England draw more than the England win - even though I was at Lords yesterday to see it - there's just nothing more entertaining (and nerve-wracking) than the tail hanging on in there...

Best of luck to both teams - let's have a nice fair contest and no more gamesmanship!

G'day to the Aussie forum members!

I was in Sydney for the 2007 Ashes - what cool sport for casual watching. To bad we can't get any of it here in the US.

My brother in law plays for a club in Philly and actually got to play a match at Lords.

I agree with Mick...well done to the umpires. Ok, we probably deserved to lose, but the sheer quantity of crap decisions certainly didn't help our cause. Other than the umpires, it's been a great series so far. The loss of McGrath and Warne in recent years has brought our bowling attack back down to earth.

I was in London for the last couple of Ashes series, it was absolutely dire when we lost, suddenly every man and his dog was interested in cricket and wanted to rub it in. Usually, the English are only interested in soccer and any other sport that they've just won a major competition in (a rare occurence, :wink: ). When we won 5-0 I was in heaven, but no-one seemed interested in cricket anymore... lol.

Latest posts

Back