Very early Navigators (late 70s): just midrange?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BrazenPicker said:
What do you mean by touchy? That it might break in transport? A problem I've heard mentioned about SGs is tuning stability. Still, SG+P90=cool.

The 61 type SG has two weak spots rather than one (headstock and neck joint), as compared to an LP.
There was one forum member who imported an SG that got damaged in the post, and it was cracked at the neck joint.
That's the only one I've heard of though.

Tuning stability isn't that bad, but they do have to be played a bit less heavily - a lighter touch is better. My SG stays in tune pretty well.

The sound of an SG is so fundamentally different from a LP it's understandable why it's one of the four old designs of solid body guitars that continue today,
virtually unchanged from the 50s/60s (LP, SG, Strat, Tele). :)

JVsearch said:
The sound of an SG is so fundamentally different from a LP it's understandable why it's one of the four old designs of solid body guitars that continue today,
virtually unchanged from the 50s/60s (LP, SG, Strat, Tele). :)

+1 on that. The SG is a marvelous creation that has endured the test of time. Sounds and plays like nothing else.

Back