Value of older LS-50?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducati

Reaction score
I paid $600 with case (period but not original) for a 1980 ls50 from japan a few months back, on top of that I had to pay shipping (another $120) and the taxmans and parcelforces fees which added another 20% or so.

Its a very nice guitar, it plays and sounds very good. Its not as good as an ls80 but for the money, I think their good value. I would say in the uk between ?450-550 depending on condition and age would about the going rate. Add more for an original case and more again for a reborn or reborn old.

While good guitars and a great point to introduce in Tokai guitars,LS-50 usually are not as good sounding,brighter and not so note definition as LS-80 of the same time,specially unplugged.Plugged there is not such a big tone but I still can listen it.I have pending giving a try that Burny FLG-60 you posted here about who now belings to a friend who owns the '81 Tokai LS-50,will get some spare time to drive to his home.....

Is summary: for 500-600 euro askin price,they are a great value and good guitars,if I was in that price range I would get one sure.....Good gigging guitars.

I got an LS50 Les Paul Reborn of ebay (from togps) for app. ? 700.-- a few moths ago.

I got a '79 Reborn Old from Yahoo Japan through Rinkya at landed cost of app. ? 718.--. Incl. shipment , customs and VAT.

About 3 months ago Gottfried sold me a new ('06) LS120 Jeff Beck for ? 1200.--.

A friend of mine is running the best (only) guitar shop in town. His sales manager called me (very excited) cause he got a V.O.S. Black Beauty. I tested it. Just dead wood. BUT: the craftsman quality was quite close to the Jeff Beck.

Bottom line: the woods are best on the Jeff Beck (altough 2-piece back). The Les Paul Reborn is very good, but not outstanding. I'd take an original in exchange for a Reborn any time.

However, I'd never let my JB go.

Cheers. Rupert

Ruppert,let me know about your LS120 Jeff Beck,please.
Gottfried get some good lookers and good sounding guitars and is very innovative expanding the Tokai models....

The Reborn models will usually carry a larger price than the Love Rocks as they were only made for a couple of years.

ned said:
The Reborn models will usually carry a larger price than the Love Rocks as they were only made for a couple of years.

Yup.....the Les Paul Reborn is the quintessential "lawsuit" guitar everyone is so liberal in using in descriptions these days. With Tokai putting "Les Paul" on the head stock, it was the ultimate F U to Gibson.

Hi Luis!
There she is. With this "new-style" bridge it even intonates correctly.

IMG_0242.jpg

Latest posts

Back