Uh... anyone ever seen a "misprinted" Final Prospec bridge saddle..?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voidoid56

Reaction score
Can't help laughing at myself sometimes. I mean, the way I stare at these guitars... but sometimes, you notice weird stuff.

Like this: just finished cleaning up a near-mint 1984 TST-60MR (with the 1954 features they had that year, it's basically an -80 in polyurethane finish), and had a what's-wrong-with-this-picture moment when looking at the bridge. Turns out the high-E saddle has the Final Prospec lettering upside down, i e readable from the playing position.

First thought: is it off a lefty guitar?? But as far as I can tell, lefties have the same saddles as righties. So I guess they embossed the text on the blanks before putting them in the press to get the final shape, and someone put one in the wrong way around.

I mean, it's bound to happen every now and them, if it's possible to do. Murphy's law. Kind of surprised that the eagle-eyes of the Tokai QC department missed it, though. But not as surprised as I was by the fact that I actually noticed... :cool:

2023-04-15 09.04.14.jpg

2023-04-15 17.20.25.jpg

Back