TTE-50 Breezysound - country of origin?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chesterreddragon

Reaction score
Hi
Owned Tokais for over 25 years but first post!
I've recently bought what's claimed to be a new TTE-50, but there's no model number or country of origin anywhere obviously on the body/neck or under the scratchplate, just a serial number (C097620). Any thoughts on if this is MIJ, MIK or MIC?
Doesn't really matter - nice guitar! But thanks for any info

Does it have a Fender headstock..if not it's not a TTE50?
The "C" in the serial is not a good sign.

Some TTE50s have no serial number but a 'Made in Japan' on the bottom of the neck.

Here's a current TTE50...serial begins with "12".

tte50hdc2.jpg

20120709_173742.jpg

Hi
Here's the guitar - headstock looks similar to that for the TTE-50 on the Tokai UK website, in that the "Tokai Breezysound" is in a similar place towards the end of the headstock (unlike in your photo), however it's clearly not as rounded at the end.

I wonder if I've been sold a pup, I shall have to make some further enquiries!

In fact - not just the headstock but also the bridge is wrong- 6 individual bridges and not an "ashtray" design. I've emailed Tokai UK about the serial number and the seller about if he can prove it's genuine (sold as new shop display model, not second hand). Will keep you posted!

At least my 1981 ES100R is genuine!

I don't know if this will help but you can look at the differences between my ATE-65 and yours if you want to compare.

http://www.flickr.com//photos/wulfh/sets/72157627188429903/show/

It's genuine, but it's just not a TTE model, it's an ATE model.
I reckon it's a ATE33, made in China, 2009.
The previous owner has changed the bridge to 6 saddles.

The MIJ ATE70 model will not have a "C" in the serial, and it will have 'Made in Japan' on the bottom of the neck.
The serial will begin with the year it was made.

The MIC models have a little gold sticker on the back of the headstock saying Made in China, most music stores remove it.

Thanks for all your help/advice. Seller has agreed to take the guitar back as incorrectly advertised and I have a "real" TTE-50 winging its way to me. :D

Latest posts

Back