TST-56 ? it has an 11 hole pick guard

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike

Reaction score
My TST 56, #0831, has a maple neck, the decal looks like an 84 with the fat logo and the T that looks like an F. Should`nt it have an 8 hole pick guard? Is there any way to know if the neck has been changed? I just saw a black TST-56 for sale, guy says its a n 84, and it has an 11 hole pick guard and 1 piece neck. What gives? Did they miss match bodies and necks in 84? Should an 84 have a 4 dig #?

HI
if your guitar has a maple fingerboard and 8 hole pickguard it will be a copy of a 54 -57 strat
a rosewood board and 11 hole is a 60's copy
hopfe that helps

TST-56 SHOULD be a 50s copy only. The 60s copy was a TST-62. Does it say TST-'56 on the neck? If so then the neck might be correct. I don't know of too many people faking a TST-56. Does it have the reshaped headstock? It should.

As for the pickguard, check to see if the guy will let you pull it off, or ask him if it has been replaced (if you have a good feeling about his honesty). Check for additional non-original holes under the pickguard... while you're at it check to see that the pickups are grey-bottomed and stamped "E" or possibly "U" or "V"

Maybe the whole body has been replaced. Look at the bridge and see if the saddles are stamped either "Tokai Tokai" or "Final Prospec"

Four digit serial # is correct for this guitar. Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

Back