Tokai Stratocaster identification: Help needed!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sheya

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I purchased a lovely Tokai Stratocaster a few days ago. According to the previous owner, it should be a Springy Sound. He could not tell me the model though.

Let's begin by the specs that could help us
-L+5digits serial
-"Correct" headstock
-Final prospect saddles
-Tokai Deluxe tuners Kluson Type
-Rosewood veneer fretboard
-E-Stamp Pickups (the middle PU has been replaced by a Duncan)
-I can't tell the number of pieces the body is made of, nor the wood, as the guitar is a Vintage/Cream White.
-I don't know if the finish is poly or nitro.
Besides, the original logo has been replaced by a Fender one, so it could be either a Springy Sound or a Goldstar. The seller told me it has the Springy Sound logo, but I can't be sure!

According to these specs, could someone tell me if this guitar is a Springy, a Goldstar, and what specific model it could be (60/70/80)?
Finally, do you have an idea of the average price range, according to the modifications (middle PU and original logo replaced, tremolo arm and case missing?

I will obviously post pics if it can help!

Keep on playing!

EDIT: Pics are here. Sorry for the poor quality, I only have my cell to do it... I hope it will be enough to help us.

New logo

I believe that two pickups have actually been changed.

I'll post other ones if needed!

jacco said:
It's 1982 or younger, probably a ST60.
Others will chime in with more knowledge, Gabe?
I don`t know if i have more knowledge Jacco but I guess82/83 St 60 or st80 Springy depending on the finish, or 83 /84 Goldie St 60.Gabe.

Thank you for the information!

How could I know if it is a Springy or a Goldie? Are there some specs that could help?
Furthermore, if it is a Springy, would a nitro test make the difference between a 60 and a 80?

Finally, what would be the price range for this guitar?

Thanks!

sorry marcus, that was a bit of an in joke, i bought an st 60 from gabe recently......
think i might nitro test it now though :p

sheya said:
Thank you guys for your answers. Any idea of the average price of this guitar? :)

You just bought it didn't you? That's a pretty good indicator. Since it's not original and with a Fender decal on it, I'd say anywhere between $500 and $700 - maybe more, maybe less depending on who you ask.

Back