Tokai SG60 vs. SG70

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake

Reaction score
I searched the forum but I couldn't find much info, but sorry if this is a dupe thread.

From what I understand, the Tokai models go through a cycle of increasing the model number, and raising the price every now and then (from this page, and mentioned around the forum), but without much (or any?) change in the actual guitar.

Is that the case with the USG60 and USG70 (or SG60 and SG70)? Or is there difference between these models? According to the Tokai UK distributor site, there is no USG70, only a USG60 and a USG100. But I have found a couple of places listing USG70 for sale, in the UK (well, one place, at least). If they are the same, does a USG60 suggest an older stock, and a USG70 a fresher stock?

Thanks!

I am selling a left hand model in the UK at the minute - can't tell you where as it's against the rules, so you'll just have to look around haha!!

Anyway, the other guy is right - there is no difference between the guitars. The Manufacturer changed the model numbers and the change didn't really catch on over here in the UK with the distributor who actually puts them on the trade list as a USG60/70 !! So take your pick and call it what you want, you are getting the same thing :wink:

The Love Rock LC70/80 and LS70/80F are in the same boat, probably the same deal with most of their love rock models.

You've done the right thing by asking though - it's a jungle out there!! :lol:

Latest posts

Back