Tokai installed my selector switch backwards!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazy_Joe

Reaction score
I just found out when installing my Warpig that something was not right, it didnt make any difference, that was because i wasnt using it!

Since i have bought this guitar i have been using the neck thinking it is the bridge and the bridge thinking it's the neck!!

My perception of a pickups sound has to be reversed now as I used to think the bassier pickup was the bridge but now i realise it is the neck.

When i go to neck postition it selects the bridge etc.

Well done Tokai!

But dude...seriously...do you have ears or are they just painted on?
Methinks you better learn to develop an ear for tone if you cannot tell the difference between neck and bridge tones.
It would be different if they had physically put the pickups themselves in the wrong spots but the p.u.toggle?...c'mon :roll:

Was the guitar new when you bought it? If not anyone could have tampered with it.

Mike

It was new, and i only had one guitar before this so i was pretty inexperienced with guitar tech stuff.

After installing new pickups one of the first test I do is to work out if the selector switch is working properly.

With the guitar plugged into the amp I select the bridge pickup and then I use a screwdriver and gentlty tap the pickup. Next move the selector to see if the tapping noise changes, gets louder or quieter etc. Do this process to all of the pickups and you can soon establish if the wiring is all ok.

We all began playing and changing pickups once, so don't feel ashamed. You should see some of my first attempts at soldering when building effect pedal kits - shocking but I soon learned

Keep it up Joe

Ozeshin said:
But dude...seriously...do you have ears or are they just painted on?
Methinks you better learn to develop an ear for tone if you cannot tell the difference between neck and bridge tones.
It would be different if they had physically put the pickups themselves in the wrong spots but the p.u.toggle?...c'mon :roll:

If you have no previous knowledge how are you supposed to know the differences between the sound of the two?

There's nothing wrong with being inexperienced. Before I could play I thought the pickups on a three pickup'd guitar were for clean, distortion and a wahwah sound!!

lol!

There was nothing wrong with my soldering, myn worked, just Tokai mucked it up in the first place!

Are you sure you are not just mixing up the switch notation ?

Treble = bridge pickup
Rhythm = neck pickup

I don't mean to sound like an ***, but I'm getting a mental picture of you flicking to the "rhythm" position of your explorer for some metallica rhythm playing... hope I'm wrong.

Yes that is what it was like (if i understood that correctly), but now i have realised and i play on the right pickup now!

Latest posts

Back