Tokai from Ishibashi?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratmoto

Reaction score
Has anybody else noticed that Tokai are not listed on the ishibashi site under "domestic brand electricity" guitars anymore?

That's odd :eek:

Peter

I just noticed that today. I thought I had lost my mind or something. I have one on order with them and they already charged me for it.

stratmoto said:
Has anybody else noticed that Tokai are not listed on the ishibashi site under "domestic brand electricity" guitars anymore?

Peter

stratmoto said:

Peter

I tried to order a LS70 from them this week, but they told me they were all sold out and not getting in the new Tokai models until February.

Tokai is not a fast builder,just remember how attention to detaill they put on the guitars,specially necks,you can see how well polished are the frets(specially the edges),just pass your finger across the border in other named guitars and you'll se what I'm saying....and this take its time to do it.

About importing, if prices in your home country are good I'll buy from the local importer(Australian retailer in this case) so if you have any kind of trouble is easier to talk with and solved......

Although it's not nice having to wait for a new Love Rock (especially around Christmas time :wink: ), I generally think it's good news for Tokai that one of the biggest Japanese shops is sold out on them.

Anyhow, for those who can't wait, here's the link to the search engine of J-Guitar.com again, a site offering an overview of many Japanese dealers:

http://www.j-guitar.com/sp/sea/elg.html

The easiest way to use it is to click on the dropdown list for brands in the second frame of that page and choose "Tokai" there, then simply click on the left button to start the search. Afterwards you'll see a list of about 100 different models (watch out for a possible second results page at the bottom) and have to click on each link again to see the pictures and maybe a few lines in English. By the way, WorldLingo.com should be able to translate these URLs unlike other web services. In my IE6.0 I get a new error message about some XML problems though while the older IE5.5 had no problems.

You have to contact the individual dealers yourself through the email address and/or web site URL that is given at the bottom of each page with a Tokai guitar and mention that you've found it through J-Guitar.com. This will probably be a trial-and-error method, because not all of the sellers can reply in English or will ship outside of Japan.

Latest posts

Back