Tokai Custom Edition '88, are they any good?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shredfreak

Reaction score
Anyone has any experience on these Custom Edition Tokais, especially on JSR653? How do they compare to Charvels, Kramers and Jacksons from the same era? I'm looking at a white JSR635 for 250 euros. Do you think that's a fair price? Doesn't sound too bad for me.

I've been drooling all over 80's super Strats (Jackson Soloist, Charvels, Krames...) lately so this might be a good deal if it doesn't totally suck.

Thank you! :)

Like most Tokais there are different grades of 'custom edition' guitars, the better (more expensive) ones have Floyd Rose style trems and 'L-White' active pickups, the cheaper ones have passive pickups and standard Strat style trems. I had one of the more expensive ones and it was a great guitar, I know forum member bluejeannot was selling one recently that was exactly the same.

Some pics would help determine if 250 euros was a fair price.

Hi John My custom edition is a phenomenal guitar every bit as good as Jackson, Charvel etc, The L. White pickups on these guitars though are not active they just have covers that cover the polepieces and make them look a little like EMGs SOLD to Juha(shredfreak)

Thanks for your answers!

Here's a pic of the one I'm looking at, it has some dings and little wear but should play well and sounds good.
http://muusikoiden.net/dyn/tori/326846.jpg

I think the Custom Edition JSR I was looking at is gone now. At least the ad has disappeared and I don't remember who was selling it.

Back