• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Tokai Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Tokai custom edition 1987 MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colinhotrod

Reaction score
Hi guys,

After originally looking for a "super strat" I found this Custom edition needing a bit or work done to it. Some of you may even remember me posting about it because I wasnt too sure of it myself.

I took the guitar to my local luthier (Dave grant of "Stringz" in Dumfermline) and he gave the guitar a full re-dress of the frets aswell as a full set up.

Upon getting the guitar back it played like a dream and the Lawrence white pups sound great, esp with the humbucker in it.

More and more now, I find myself not playing it as much, either playing my LP or my Vintage strat. I must confess I do prefer vintage type strats.

Therefore I am considering selling it and in place, buying an early 80's goldie or springy. After owning a Tokai I really want to keep a Tokai of some sort.

There is a few minor points I should mention about the guitar though. At some point the original owner(me only being the second) has had the varnish taken off the back of the neck.(done properly though) It doesnt look out of place at all, I actually prefer it like that, nice and easy to play, very fast neck. The decal was starting to come off so again at some point the first owner has given it a coat of laquer. there is a few lil dings and knocks and some buckle rash. The guitar is 22 years old so to be expected. Playabillity is not affected at all.

As i mentioned the frets have had a full redress and can be seen on the pics here.

Overall the guitar is tidy and well finished (Including fret edges, I know some examples were not)

Schaller's have been fitted and it has its original trem arm.

http://s520.photobucket.com/albums/w324/colinhotrod/custom%20edition/

P1030723.jpg

I am not desperate or in a hurry to sell this. I am looking for ?275 plus shipping at cost. Quite happy to keep it if there is not much interest.

Colin

Back