tokai ate55

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasw88

Reaction score
Hi,
seen a good deal on one of these telecasters. Japanese and brand new. Does anyone have one or know anything about them?

cheers,

t

I've got an ATE50 - essentially the same guitar but the 55 has the custom binding.

When I was looking for a Telecaster I tested a Fender Mex standard, a Mex 60s, a G&L Asat Korean and a Fender Highway 1 as I was looking up to the ?500 mark. Needless to say, I prefered the Tokai - even over the USA-made Highway 1, which was a nice guitar, but I just liked the sheer playability of the Tokai which felt instantly comfortable in my hands.

MIJ F-style Tokais are no longer being made so this will be your last chance to buy a brand new one, so I'd recommend going for it!

thanks for that.
looking forward to it as i've bought it without actually playing it.. tried the G&L asat tribute and thought it was quite nice but didn't like the rosewood neck much.

these are japanese tho aren't they?

To my knowledge all the F-style guitars in the UK were MIJ, though that might be different for other parts of the world...

Back