Thinking about selling my '81 LS-75AG

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jamest

Reaction score
I'm really on the fence about it but I am thinking about selling my extremely rare 1981 Tokai LS-75AG (All Gold).

6360556539_e495174024_b.jpg

5961755317_5b029c243f_b.jpg

This is one of only two of these models that I have ever seen. The other is owned by a well known Japanese collector named Mr. Yamauchi and he concedes that they are very rare as well. Our guitars are very close in serial sequence and it is possible that a very small number of this model were ever made. It's similar to an LS-70 with P90s but this one is painted in gold front and back. The guitar is in very nice shape. It has a few dings here and there but the finish is in amazing shape for a 30 year old guitar. The guitar was missing it's bridge pickup when I got it so the pickups have been replaced with P90s from a newer Tokai model. I have the original neck P90 and cover and it will be included with the guitar. The bridge and tailpiece are original but the tuners were not so I replaced them with genuine Kluson double ring tuners. It also comes with it's original Tokai pink lined case. If anyone is interested in this, send me a PM and we can talk price. If there isn't enough interest, I will just keep this beauty.

Back