The coolest guitar contest 2009!!!!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stratman323 said:
greco_burst said:
And here is one more, my treasured 1981 SS65 Silver Star.....

That must be a fake. I have never seen a Silver Star like that in any of the catalogues........

Mike.....Trust me and accept it. Sure there was the model called SS65N in those days even it's not in most of the catalogs but that model was the natural version of SS60......You can read about it in the 1981 catalog but it's in Japanese article pages. I found out many facts from there the other day so tell you about that laters. Basically SS60 was the 3 bolt 1972 replica before 1982 but after 1982 it's the 4 bolt 1966 Strat replica until 1984 or so when the model died. Grecoburst's SS65N here is the 1966 replica model from 1981 after the model change possibly in the Spring or Fall, most likely the late 1981 sometime......More story laters......J

:D

stratman323 said:
greco_burst said:

That must be a fake. I have never seen a Silver Star like that in any of the catalogues........
Want a bigger spoon there Mike? :p

I know, I was just being an ignorant arse and winding people up for no good reason.

It's very annoying when people do that, isn't it greco_burst?

:wink:

BruceLeescreensaver--bruce-lee-scre.jpg

People, it's very understandable but do not fight here anymore please!

8)

SUSHI GUY said:
stratman323 said:
greco_burst said:

Mike.....Trust me and accept it. Sure there was the model called SS65N in those days even it's not in most of the catalogs but that model was the natural version of SS60......You can read about it in the 1981 catalog but it's in Japanese article pages. I found out many facts from there the other day so tell you about that laters. Basically SS60 was the 3 bolt 1972 replica before 1982 but after 1982 it's the 4 bolt 1966 Strat replica until 1984 or so when the model died. Grecoburst's SS65N here is the 1966 replica model from 1981 after the model change possibly in the Spring or Fall, most likely the late 1981 sometime......More story laters......J

:D

Hey Sushi Guy,

Yes it is a 1981 SS65 Natural (I am certain most members know Tokai very well) and I have only ever seen one, and I really think it looks cool 8) , I was going to post information about it in another thread .......so thank you for information given here. 8)

Ok I do mine and you do yours good. hopefully 2 infos together make the good truth this time. Don't worry about small mistakes on the info because nobody nothing is perfect and it's pretty difficult especially when you don't read Japanese. So just present it as your best but not perfect. I am sure that's great enough and everyone takes it preciously if it's really good. Anyways, laters Grecoman. :D

leadguitar_323 said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You make your bed ....you have to sleep in it..

Mick

Thanks always for your deep love nonhomosexually Mickman. Talk laters! Joe.

:)

Mick51 said:
SUSHI GUY said:
BruceLeescreensaver--bruce-lee-scre.jpg

People, it's very understandable but do not fight here anymore please!

8)

I'd listen to a guy who once killed Chuck Norris..

one sure thing is......Never fight with any kanfoo guy or martial arts guy......!

:roll: j.

leadguitar_323 said:
Ok Joe, how long are we going to run this mate. Guitar pics seem to be drying up, i will confer with Oze and pick a Paula.

Mick

Still waiting for JohnA's Goldtop and maybe a few more......
keep thinking meantime Mickman. Let you know.....J

8) J.

Here's the Goldtop, it's a Reborn Old LS80, a natural relic and a fabulous sounding LP, Dark-back, and it has a bit of magic that's missing from even my LS120's.

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

leadguitar_323 said:
G'day John, what are the pickups mate? Gorgeous guitar..

Mick

PS where's the bloody drool emoticon..!!

Thanks Mick!

They are Iron Gear Alchemists, P-90's in a humbucker sized case. I needed a P90 guitar, well I convinced myself I needed one, and they were bought as a make-do while I find one, then the humbuckers will go back in. They are cheap, but supprisingly good, recommended to me by AlanN.

It is a nice looker, quite a lot of wear on the back and the back of the neck, but it's light, resonant, and sounds better than any of my Les Pauls and that includes some pretty expensive guitars!!

Hi John,

That Goldtop is ROCKING and no mistake!!

It's enough to make me want to check my bank balance just to see what might be possible...

Best regards,
Darren

Put the humbuckers back in! Those things look wrong. :eek:

Those pics don't do the guitar justice - it loks much better in real life.

stratman323 said:
Put the humbuckers back in! Those things look wrong. :eek:

Those pics don't do the guitar justice - it loks much better in real life.

Times are changing, this is from Mr. single coil himself :wink:

I agree though, they are a bit odd, but they're serving a purpose at the minute, but then the LS160 arrives it'll be back to the humbuckers! That might be a while as I haven't actually bought a LS160 :(

It does look better in Real Life too.

Moleman, it's no where near mint enough for you! That's all part of it's charm though, a guitar with a bit of history always feels better to me.

Back