Orange Produced By Electric Sound Research

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet these were hand stamped. They are not always lined up. Human error. Like the MKII pickups that sometimes are stamped IIV.

Last edited:
That's great information I think it must be an OS-600 in CH Cream White, as the details above show the 600 has the half step (5 way), single ply pick guard and the truss rod is at the neck pocket end which tie in with mine exactly. Date 1977 seems a good shout! All this info has been fantastic thank you.

OS-600.6301 ? think that is the one with the small head and neck pocket end truss rod adjustment

I personally am not sure whether it is a 500 or 600. Just not enough information since the catalog doesn't give the same details as the flyer and it doesn;t show the 600 as being available in that color. Wish we had a date on that flyer.

If Puckluck is right about the stamps, the date of mfr would be September 9, 1977 ?

I personally am not sure whether it is a 500 or 600. Just not enough information since the catalog doesn't give the same details as the flyer and it doesn;t show the 600 as being available in that color. Wish we had a date on that flyer.

If Puckluck is right about the stamps, the date of mfr would be September 9, 1977 ?Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 14.39.18.png
Your translations shows the 600 as being available in Cream White, or am I misunderstanding?

Ah sorry, the flyer does but not the catalogue .... and that flyer also shows a 5 position switch for the 600 and a three position for the 500s so ties exactly with my spec, but as you say, the date is questionable without a matching date on the flyer. Booh.

Back