Squier Classic Vibe

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fury_dice

Reaction score
Anyone tried/bought one of the Sqier Classic Vibe Strats? They're getting rave reviews around the place but haven't had chance to play one yet. They look good for a Chinese made guitar - I was wondering where's the catch...

Just read the review in Guitarist mag which rates these very highly indeed, who knows they may be the JV's (or should that be CV's) of the future!!

Certainly look very good value for money!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Classic-Vibe-1960s-Stratocaster-Guitar_W0QQitemZ270284475668QQihZ017QQcategoryZ156025QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Squier-Classic-Vibe-60s-Stratocaster-3-tone-burst_W0QQitemZ310088946609QQihZ021QQcategoryZ2384QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/Fender-Squier-Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-50s-reissue_W0QQitemZ360073966515QQihZ023QQcategoryZ156025QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

obviously if they're good it'd be awesome, but i'll reserve judgement until i've tried them... i've seen too many things be hyped in magazines etc. only to try them to find out they were mediocre... :(

Well I went and tried one out at Guitar Village, Farnham at the weekend and was very pleasantly surprised. The neck and fretwork are very smooth, the general fit and finish was easily as good as the Mex strats and the range of tones was very good, if a lttle on the 'thin' side (although that could well have been the awful Line6 amp they use for demos). The body is built up from several pieces of (I think) Alder but looks great and the finish, though poly, is quite subtle. The only thing I didn't really like was the rather thick single ply scratchplate, although I'm sure that would be easy to put right. At just under 200 notes in their sale, I'm sorely tempted... :)

fury_dice said:
At just under 200 notes in their sale, I'm sorely tempted... :)

Even when the occasional 80s Goldstar or Silver Star sells for around ?250 on eBay?

Mike

stratman323 said:
fury_dice said:
At just under 200 notes in their sale, I'm sorely tempted... :)
Even when the occasional 80s Goldstar or Silver Star sells for around ?250 on eBay?
Mike

There is still something about a 'new' guitar, with crackle free knobs and frets that is very appealing!

How does the old saying go? If you have a choice of old or new with women and guitars, for the guitar - choose the old one. With women, it's the other way round.

:p

stratman323 said:
How does the old saying go? If you have a choice of old or new with women and guitars, for the guitar - choose the old one. With women, it's the other way round.

:p

I quite like a MILF :eek:

You can bet the 'right one' will come along the day after you give up waiting and buy the Squier!!

Latest posts

Back