Sound Control Have Just Gone Into Administration

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guitarslinger

Reaction score
http://www.mi-pro.co.uk/news/29485/BREAKING-NEWS-Sound-Control-files-for-administration#comments

Here's the link.

Some UK Based peeps may be interested to hear/have a read.

For those of you who don't know, they are the biggest (i'm pretty sure) musical instrument/equipment retailer in the UK stores in all the major cities. Big shake up and a big void to be filled.

My money is on Dolphin "Diving in" (did you see what i did there? :lol: ) to hoover up some of the stores.

Hmm....wait and see

They're not the company that own most of the shops in London's Denmark Street, are they?

Mike

Well I would say I'm sorry, but as a group they killed my love of music shops and ruined many a good shop round the country.

I do feel for the staff mind, not a good economic climate to suddenly find yourself jobless.

Ooh that's not good the Newcastle branch has in my opinion been great
even though I worked round the corner at their main rivals, I knew the manager well his son played guitar in my band years ago and released our demo on his label and a good mate of mine worked there too.
Lets hope someone who enjoys music gets in not some corp.

Word on the street is that they shut 14 stores today. 12 stores remain open (the profitable ones) Sheffield is included in this at the moment.

Apparently there is a 12 week window to find a buyer or it's all going to fold. Turnkey and Soho Soundhouse are all owned by the company as well so they're looking down the barrel.

This is all "rumour" of course....there's all sorts of stuff being posted out over the net.

Will be interesting to see what happens (from a business perspective). Just feel for the shop lads potentially winding up without a job. Really harsh on them...there's hardly a huge industry in which to find work easily.

Bankrupt - Bloody good job. Can't stand music shops at the best of times. Mostly run by wankers and full of widdlers and pimple faced sales kids working for peanuts who know nothing about gear.

Grrrrr! :evil: :roll: :wink:

Ehhhh ...no pimples on me back then. Still knew nuthin though and widdled so much on the geets in the shop that they were virtually second hand time I'd finished with them. :D

Back