Bandless :(

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozeshin

Reaction score
Bah...after 4 years of being in the one band...through constant line-up shuffles...my band has finally folded.
We had been through 5 rhythm guitarists...2 drummers and 2 bassists in the space of 4 years.
We managed at least one gig with each different line up.
The fact that I won't be playing "classic rock" for a while doesn't faze me..coz to tell the truth I've kinda been over it for a while.
It's sad to see the band die with a whimper rather than a bang though...would've been nice to do one last big gig...even though our last gig was a beaut.
The negatives were outweighing the positives for me though...I had to travel an hour drive just to rehearse...and I did that every week for four years.
I was playing the type of music that I grew up listening to/playing during my formative "learning how to play" years and whilst I love it dearly.....it's hardly challenging.
And lastly...I have a crapload of gear that I have "purchased" over that four year period that needs to be paid off.
My local drug dealer(see guitar store proprietor) has been kind enough to spot me for pretty much anything i wanted/needed but the deal was that the cash from gigs went to him to pay off the equipment...kinda like a never ending layby(lay away for you yanks) :wink:
The gigs,whilst high profile and major fun to do,were to far between to provide enough cash to pay for my habit.
So now the future.....
All I know is that I'm done with cover bands for a long while...even though it's easy money....it really is stifling creatively ...funny how you fool yourself that arranging other people's songs still lets you be creative.
I want to write my own material again...I want it to be heavy...without necessarily being out and out Metal...I still want that blues based edge to the music.
Anyways...I'll be taking a few months enforced break and I'll try to use that time to write some more....collaborators welcome :D

You know where i live mate.... :wink:
I recon we could make some pretty cool music, i have heaps of original riffs and they are definitely more challenging than the stuff you have been playing.
I used to do the "add my own flavor" thing and play them as if they were mine but youcan only fool yourself for so long..

Mick

Well..it's not so bad ...the local pub reopened right as i lost my licence so they've become firm friends lately....about a 5min walk up the road. :D

Latest posts

Back