SG Bridge Posts Help Please

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max The Dog

Reaction score
I have a 1984 TSG 60 and the bridge posts are bent on it. I have looked in the search section to see if the answer to my question is there and got 4178 hits, I'm retired but I have'nt got that much time on my hands. So, can someone help me please? Where can I buy a pair of new bridge posts for it? Thanks.
Pete.
1984TSG60bridge003.jpg

Gotoh bridge post, of course
You may have to buy a bridge to get the posts
An other remark: my '85 SG 60 must have the bridge set as low as yours, is this normal, or the neck to body joint has moved years after years?

http://www.tokaiguitar.de/xtcommerce/product_info.php?info=p94_ST-MNG--4mm-Metric---59ABR-Studs-Thumbwheel-Kit--pair--nickel-gl.html

thanks jacco, I'm a bit worried about removing them now in case they are the type with the wood screw bottom half and I wont be able to get them.
Pete.

Don't know if this helps but the ones on my 1981 LS100 are the same type as on Tokaiguitar.de, so a direct swap

I doubt the posts are bent. What happens is that the wood in the body is not enough to support them. You have a couple options.

1. Get another set of thumbwheels and put them down against the body to stabilize the post right where it comes out of the body. Then add your original thumbwheels back on to set the bridge height.

2. Get longer posts that will better support the bridge. Extra thumbwheels still not a bad idea.

3. Worst case, dowel and redrill the post holes.

Cali Girl said:
I doubt the posts are bent. What happens is that the wood in the body is not enough to support them. .

Hmmm.. if you look at the angle of the post above the bridge in relation to the angle coming out of the body below the thumbwheel, I'd bet my money on the post being bent.

If the post is bent (which I doubt too) an easier way to fix it is to turn it 90? or 180?, this way you will know if it is bent or not. If it is bent, this will fix it for some time.
To turn it, it's easy, just screw 2 M4 nuts on the post, lock them together and turn the top one clockwise with the appropriate tool

Latest posts

Back