re: goldstar pickguard swap?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beastman1

Reaction score
have a non-lawsuit headstock goldstar, it had a 8 hole guard on it, but underneath was drilled for the 11-hole

got a 11-hole 60's style 3 ply guard and my luthier says it doesn't match up with the holes, that he'd have to dowel and drill new holes

anyone else have this problem?

thought fender pickguards were a direct fit on Tokias?

thnks

beastman1 said:
have a non-lawsuit headstock goldstar, it had a 8 hole guard on it, but underneath was drilled for the 11-hole

got a 11-hole 60's style 3 ply guard and my luthier says it doesn't match up with the holes, that he'd have to dowel and drill new holes

thnks

I think Japanese and USA made guitars are different (and I believe this includes Fenders) but I have no idea why and exactly how. I am currently looking for a breezy scrathplate myself.

ended up just getting a few holes doweled then drilled a few new ones. new guard looks great! complete with truss rod divot!

bambony said:
beastman1 said:

thnks

I think Japanese and USA made guitars are different (and I believe this includes Fenders) but I have no idea why and exactly how. I am currently looking for a breezy scrathplate myself.

The UK distributor said he could me a breezysound pickguard for an eyewatering ?45..

Out of interest what colour are you looking for? I have a white one and am looking to put a black one on so could possibly do a swap if you have a black one.

I have a white single ply 8-hole guard that was on my goldstar, I put a 11-hole 3-ly on instead, so the 8-hole guard is avail. if you want for a good price

I guess Fender Japan pickguards could fit OK in recent MIJ Tokais as far as Tokai craft/ed them during several years.

Latest posts

Back