Pot dilemma

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacco

Reaction score
I've been searching for the right metric pots for some time without succes, so maybe someone can help me..

I need pots for my 1979 LS80, 1980 FLG240 & 1980 EG800GS

For the Tokai: I want to keep the PCB board intact but want to experiment with some caps, so I thought to change the pots, but which pots exactly? Alpha's with 9.5mm thread length?

The real bugger is my Burny. That guitar has less deep routing and medium shaft pots, look:

pots.jpg

left = Burny, right = Greco

The Burny is a 250k pot, I want 500k pots but the shaft thread length seems to be a problem, any ideas? (I don't want to mess with the top!)

Is the Greco pot of the same proportion as a Tokai pot? Also 9.5mm thread length Alpha's?

I'm interested in this too.

I have an early '85 Love Rock that needs them replacing.
What are the specs on the pots for this era Tokai?

cheers

Barks

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but could you fit long shaft pots in your Burny, using washers/nuts underneath to adjust height?

I spotted this CTS

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/product/Premium_500k_Long_Shaft_Pot_10%25_Tolerance_CTS500XL

It's threaded shaft is 18mm which I know is quite a bit longer, but maybe some other brands might be closer to 12mm?

Yes, thought about using longer shafts. But the CTS pot has a thicker shaft (I have a few sets of TVTs) that need enlarging the holes which I don't want to do on a super rare model.
Haven't found metric 8 mm thick, long shaft pots yet

I had a look on Axesrus website and noted that the medium length Alpha pots are 8mm thread.
Unfortunately (though in stock) they don't give a link to specs on the long version, but it's likely it's 8mm too.
You could email them and see?

http://www.axesrus.com/axeElectronicsPots.htm#Alpha

Thanks for the pointer Fluke. I did order those thinking they were 8mm but turned out to be 10mm..

Sorry to hear they were 10mm :(
Good luck finding some at 8mm, hope it doesn't come down to opening up the holes.
If I come across anything better I'll post again, but you seem to have done your homework already, so that's doubtful.

I almost had an 1980 57 Re-Issue Black Beauty Burny, but missed it due to taking too long to decide. Terrible shame, if I'd known then (just 2 months ago) what I know now about Japanese LP replicas I wouldn't have hesitated, still kicking myself about it! lol

I found some 20mm thread length, 8mm shaft thickness metric pots, military spec. The guy is asking 64 euro for 4 log pots.. :eek:

Latest posts

Back