Need to identify this Tokai LS

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gacksarayu

Reaction score
The serial number is 1534885. Me and the owner don't know what model it is beside from it is a 2015 model?

It comes down to if it’s a one or two piece back. You will probably need bright light to see a seam. Tokai is very good at matching grains.

One piece back in this period I believe was an LS160 for the plaintop.

Two piece back I believe was an LS110.

Looks like I am seeing a center seam.

Color looks like violin finish, VF.

I am guessing 2015 LS110 VF at this point.

Prices increased and by 2018 it is called an LS129.

In the 1980s this would have been called an LS60.

aybAGhr.png

https://vintagejapanguitars.com/tokai-2018-catalogue/

Truss rod cover on yours changed to a Gibson style.

Specs from a similar example of a 2015 LS110 on Reverb in the CS finish.

Specs:

BODY : Maple Two Pieces Top Mahogany Two Pieces Back
NECK : mahogany One Piece Set-Neck Head Angle 18 °
FINGERBOARD : rosewood
RADIUS : 300 R
FRETS : 22 F # 213
SCALE: 625/312.5mm
Bridge : ls-VB Bridge LS-VT Tailpiece
NUT(width) : bone(43.0mm)
INLAY : dish
PICKUPS: PAF-Vintage MK2S×2
CONTROLS: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, 3-way Toggle Switch
Jacks : Switchcraft

t0VjMvp.png

https://reverb.com/item/2512652-201...tyle-electric-guitar-cherry-sunburst-pristine

You're welcome. It can be hard because the same guitar is called different things depending on when it was made since Tokai names their models based on their retail price.

I think the LS110 is correct for 2015. If not, someone else will correct me I am sure.

The guitar should have a polyurethane finish. Usually thin, so it has more of the feel of nitro cellulose.

The original pickups were a version of what they called the MK2.

Possibly Keiyo MK2 or the MK2-S? They changed around this time. MK2-S have a paper label on the back of the pickups.

Keiyo pickups are typically 7.5/11.5 (neck/bridge), and MK2-S pickups are typically 9/14k (neck/bridge).

Let me know if you find out which they are. I am trying to nail this timeline down.

8) all the Japan premium series models have the aged color inlays. All the Japan vintage series models have the white plastic inlays.

Latest posts

Back