My LS125F is actually a LS135F

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RocknBlues

Reaction score
:eek: Just found out my LS125f is a LS135F, apparently they changed from LS125F to LS135F in oct/nov 2007 and mine has an 08 serial number :D so I guess that makes it an LS135F :lol:

RocknBlues said:
:eek: Just found out my LS125f is a LS135F, apparently they changed from LS125F to LS135F in oct/nov 2007 and mine has an 08 serial number :D so I guess that makes it an LS135F :lol:

A bit pointless isn't it? Since it's the same model... But hey, if it makes you happy... 8)

Oh and BTW, my LS135 has a '09 serial number. So it should be a LS150, but i don't think it works like that. My guess is that the stores order the guitars by the catalog at the time, so if they order a LS135, they'll get a LS135, and you buy a LS135, even if by the time they get it to the store the current catalog says it's a LS150 or 160. From what the guy at the store told me, he has to wait half a year or something to get an order from Tokai, and they have been changing the model numbers a lot recently.

SkyNet3D said:
RocknBlues said:

A bit pointless isn't it? Since it's the same model... But hey, if it makes you happy... 8)

I know it's the same model, what i'm saying is it was manufactured as a LS135F not a 125F.

Does that make it better than my 1979 LS120?

not at all I think I'd rather the 79 LS120 :wink:

Oh and BTW, my LS135 has a '09 serial number. So it should be a LS150,

That doesn't make sense they are completely different models.

You guys have missed the point completely :roll:

JohnA said:
I think we're just taking the pi** :wink:

:oops: OHH :roll: :lol:

Anyway what I was trying to get across was I got a good discount on It as an LS125F when it is actually a LS135F that would have cost more than a LS125F in the first place, :lol: now do you see :roll: :D :lol:

RocknBlues said:
I know it's the same model, what i'm saying is it was manufactured as a LS135F not a 125F.

How do you know that? Because, as i said, the year on the serial number is not evidence of the model number.

RocknBlues said:
Oh and BTW, my LS135 has a '09 serial number. So it should be a LS150,

That doesn't make sense they are completely different models.

The current LS160 was late last year the LS150 and before that the LS135.
How are they not the same models?

How do you know that? Because, as i said, the year on the serial number is not evidence of the model number.

I know that because the price in yen changed in oct/nov 2007, and we all know that when the price changes in Japan so does the model number, and mine was manufactured in 2008 not 2007 :wink:

The current LS160 was late last year the LS150 and before that the LS135.
How are they not the same models?

yes you are correct about the LS150/160 used to be an LS135 but they are different spec guitars to the LS125F/135F and now LS140F, and also the LS125F/135F/140F are flame tops and the LS135/150/160 were and are plain tops.

And the LS135 must have changed to LS150 in oct/nov 2007 as well.

This is why the Tokai model numbering system is so ridiculous :roll:

RocknBlues said:
This is why the Tokai model numbering system is so ridiculous :roll:

Well it is to us, but I'm guessing it makes sense in Japan, or that the locals are accustomed to it?

RocknBlues said:

Phil..........sigh

Mate, I don't know where the "wisdom" came from to make you believe that your LS125F was actually an LS135F.

There have been a few self proclaimed experts blow through this place, and there are probably countless numbers out there that believe they are sharing "facts" with others.

What I can tell you with 100% accuracy is this.

If your LS(whatever you choose to believe) F has a serial number that ends with #18331 and it came from shake it up music, then it most certainly an LS125F. It was when it was ordered, it was when it left the factory, it was when it was sold to shake it up music. I've seen the Invoice, and it was ink stamped on the box.

A good discount would have been around $1350 AUD, I hope.

Too much bogus information, heresay and complete horsedoody surrounds the model numbering system. It's not rocket surgery. If people were prepared to fully examine the system, with full knowledge of production, then I would be inclined to listen.

I don't want to be drawn into any protracted discussion about the pros and cons of the system. It is that I don't like to see misinformation taken as fact and then propagated throughout the 'net.

Pete is correct.
All that needs to be considered is that "today's equivalent" of your guitar is an LS135F...but your guitar does not automatically become an LS135F.

Ozeshin said:
Pete is correct.
All that needs to be considered is that "today's equivalent" of your guitar is an LS140F...but your guitar does not automatically become an LS140F.

Fixed. Come on, man, keep up with the times. :wink: :D

stratmoto said:

If your LS(whatever you choose to believe) F has a serial number that ends with #18331 and it came from shake it up music, then it most certainly an LS125F. It was when it was ordered, it was when it left the factory, it was when it was sold to shake it up music. I've seen the Invoice, and it was ink stamped on the box.

I think RocknBlues is just making a light-hearted comment, but his point does demonstrate the model numbering system to be very confusing when #18332 may have been a LS135 and finished the very same day.

It's the same guitar with a different model name and that's bound to cause confusion :D

stratmoto said:
RocknBlues said:

Phil..........sigh

Mate, I don't know where the "wisdom" came from to make you believe that your LS125F was actually an LS135F.

There have been a few self proclaimed experts blow through this place, and there are probably countless numbers out there that believe they are sharing "facts" with others.

A good discount would have been around $1350 AUD, I hope.

Too much bogus information, heresay and complete horsedoody surrounds the model numbering system. It's not rocket surgery. If people were prepared to fully examine the system, with full knowledge of production, then I would be inclined to listen.

I don't want to be drawn into any protracted discussion about the pros and cons of the system. It is that I don't like to see misinformation taken as fact and then propagated throughout the 'net.

OK OK :roll: I see where your coming from, It was ordered as a LS125F so it is a LS125F even though it was manufactured after the price in yen changed :wink:

Pete is correct.
All that needs to be considered is that "today's equivalent" of your guitar is an LS135F...but your guitar does not automatically become an LS135F.

I know it doesn't automatically become a higher model number, I was going by the serial# compared to when the price in yen changed, but anyway it's a 125 again :wink: :lol:

Now lets do a hypothetical,
lets say in 50 years time that this particular guitar and these models are collectable and worth a considerable amount of money,(each one fetches a different price) not saying it will be ,not saying it won't either (this is hypothetical remember) :wink: so don't start ranting yet

someone has came across this guitar to buy/collect, whatever reason, they need to determine which model it is and there is no invoices , paperwork or data but they know the specs for the LS125F/135F/140F are the same so the only way to tell which one it is, is by the serial#, Now they already know that the Japanese inflation rate went up in OCT/NOV 2007and then again in DEC/JAN 2009/10 and the guitar was manufactured in 2008 according to the serial# so they think it's a LS135F :p :D :lol: 8) :-? :wink:
Now that's why this numbering system is stupid :evil: :wink:

RocknBlues said:
Now lets do a hypothetical,
lets say in 50 years time that this particular guitar and these models are collectable and worth a considerable amount of money,(each one fetches a different price) not saying it will be ,not saying it won't either (this is hypothetical remember) :wink: so don't start ranting yet

someone has came across this guitar to buy/collect, whatever reason, they need to determine which model it is and there is no invoices , paperwork or data but they know the specs for the LS125F/135F/140F are the same so the only way to tell which one it is, is by the serial#, Now they already know that the Japanese inflation rate went up in OCT/NOV 2007and then again in DEC/JAN 2009/10 and the guitar was manufactured in 2008 according to the serial# so they think it's a LS135F :p :D :lol: 8) :-? :wink:
Now that's why this numbering system is stupid :evil: :wink:

As long as they know it was either a LS135F or a LS125F, it's enough. They're the same model and will have the same value. It would be idiotic to consider otherwise, but the world is full of idiots, so who knows?...

RocknBlues said:
SkyNet3D said:
but the world is full of idiots, so who knows?...

:roll:

I think we will put this discussion to rest :wink: 8)

I hope you didn't think i was calling you an idiot, because i wasn't. It's just that so many things in this world of music don't make any sense.
How people are willing to pay a lot for something just because of the year it was manufactured, when a lot of times it doesn't have any relation with the quality of the item. Just take the example of the Tubescreamer pedals.

Phil,

In the interest of accuracy (and not of stirring the pot), there has been no inflation to speak of in Japan for many years, and Japan is currently caught in a mild but potentially damaging deflationary spiral. Maybe Tokai's costs have risen for reasons other than inflation. Surely they wouldn't be so disingenous as to attribute a price increase to inflation.

BDM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back