My first Tokai Love Rock...

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cluster

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm new, so please forgive any ignorance that comes out of my posts. I just purchase my first Tokai Love Rock 1981 LS50 for $410 USD plus $40 shipping on fleebay. Was this a good deal? It is all original (except the case). I jumped on it since I heard how good these guitars are. Here is the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320003144043&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Also, does Tokai make a high quality black LP custom? What model should I be looking for?

Thanks

you might wanna find out what the bridge pickup is...the neck pickup appears to be original...but the bridge pu should be a zebra style PAF as well.

Consider that a score.

Yes Tokai makes black LP customs. The model should stard with LC (versus LS) and for high end you probably want model numbers over 100 (LC150 and higher).

Cluster, I consider the 1981 tokai's the BEST year-your guitar looks great !

Thanks for the input. It puts my mind at rest, since I know nothing (yet) about Tokais. I'm eager to learn, so I hope I can get some help on this forum.

Is there a place where I can post a wanted-to-buy (WTB) for a Black Tokai Custom (LC100 or higher)? As a side note, a couple of weeks ago I picked up a few Gibson LP Customs at Steve's and L+M here in Toronto and I was disgusted with the feel and playability of these over priced guitars. I once owned a LP Custom back in the seventies and it was much better than these. Is it safe to assume that most of the Tokais from the 70?s and early 80?s are the ones to go for? The other question I have is about finish. What?s the difference between a poly and a nitro finish and which one is better?

Thanks again.

Back