Modified Goldstar?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gtxtokai

Reaction score
Hello, I found this on eBay, they stuck a humbucker in the bridge, will that reduce the price ?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Stratocaster-Vintage_W0QQitemZ160324210495QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item160324210495&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A10|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Oh that thing again! Well it's also had a new nut, a new string tree (and an unnecessary additional one), & all 3 pickups have been changed to horrible humbuckers. The scratchplate has either been replaced with one that doesn't fit, or enlarged around the bridge for some strange reason. Are the tuners original? What's the routing like under the scratchplate?

Do I need to go on? Are you still interested?

Mike

Heh, after what you said i thinks he butchered the guitar. I only posted it because it was on eBay, but otherwise no i am not interested. Thanks

Doesn't mean it won't sell for a daft price though - you can never tell on eBay.

stratman323 said:
Doesn't mean it won't sell for a daft price though - you can never tell on eBay.
Its at ?200 now with 8 hours to go, Would you believe it!Gabe.

bluejeannot said:
Would you believe it!Gabe.

Yep - eBay can be like The Twilight Zone sometimes. Someone paid ?210 for that thing. What's the bet the new owner joins the forum in a week or two, & asks us what we think of his new Tokai? I guess we'll have to be polite?

:roll:

Latest posts

Back