ls80

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed on the matching Tokai do. I had a LR that was a 2 piece back but you couldn't spot it at all, the only give away was on the end grain where very close inspection showed a centre split (nicely hidden by the strap button).

And recently at a guitar show I got to check out the new Love Rock II that is being imported into the UK. The one I had to play with was the same one that was reviewed in Guitar magazine - really gorgeous solid maple AAA top, scraped edge binding and maple neck binding - it all looked stunning and at ?1600 not too bad value considering the quality.

That was until I spotted the 2 piece back!!! I checked the review and it looks like the reviewer missed it as well. Again you really had to check the end grain but there it was 3/4 down the body running through the pot line.
?1600 for a two piece back - no chance! I'd be really hacked off if I hadn't spotted it a bought it.

:-?

GB

my japanese friend has had my latest ls80 for three days! and only feeding me tidbits of info. he just finished taunting me by telling me about the "woman" tone he gets with it thru his original bluesbreaker. he's killing me here!

i'll most likely have the guitar by next thursday. can't wait.

Barry,

In case it helps your records; I see ?Guitargui? has :-

1980 LS80 (with ?80? sticker)
serial No.0009903 (v.clear on H-stock)
double ring tuners

Two piece top, but with zero attempt to match the grain ? looks very sloppy :eek: (http://www.guitargai.com/html_folder/gai_otherCA7.html#).

Ian.

Back