ls125f

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duff

Reaction score
hi, i'm trying to find some information about this ls125f. This one has a different trussrodcover then the one's i have seen on the net. Could someone tell me what year this is and what they cost new ?
thx

tokai.jpg

ok so this is now an ls135f ? And te guitar is a 2005 model and the newer ones have another trussrod cover ? just trying to learn something.

duff said:
ok so this is now an ls135f ? And te guitar is a 2005 model and the newer ones have another trussrod cover ? just trying to learn something.

Why don't you start by first doing a search on the forum for LS125F and LS135F. All posts related will be at your fingertips.

The Tokai Reborn truss rod covers were NEVER produced by Tokai. The are aftermarket, custom made covers available from one of our forum members.

i did do a search and that's where the confusion started. Some had this trussrodcover, others the orther one. I'm not a tokai expert so i thought that maybe the trussrodcover could be vital too dating a tokai, like it is with burny's.

There also isn't alot of info on this forum about prices of these guitars.
Thx settebello for answering my question !

duff said:
i did do a search and that's where the confusion started. Some had this trussrodcover, others the orther one. I'm not a tokai expert so i thought that maybe the trussrodcover could be vital too dating a tokai, like it is with burny's.There also isn't alot of info on this forum about prices of these guitars.
Thx settebello for answering my question !

Tokai trussrod covers are more indicative as to the factory of origin (2 screws = Japan and 3 screws = Korea, China, etc. 1 screw = you're screwed on what you just bought)

There is an 80's Tokai version 2 screw TRC - kind of modified Gibson bell shape with pointy ends.

As for pricing, it's all over the place. Simple rule of thumb is that the number (such as LS60, 80, 120, ect) is the amount of yen x 1000 that the guitar sold for at date of issue. Normally, the higher the number, the higher the spec of the guitar. However, due to price increases, that number changes too - a 2004 LS75S is now an LS95S but it's still the same spec as it was in 2004.

As for current values, it's totally up to what someone is willing to pay for it in today's economy. But if you know the starting point, you have an idea what it's worth.

Latest posts

Back