LS is more?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geo

Reaction score
Pardon my 'ignorance' please, but could someone tell me what it is exactly that makes say the LS150 nearly 500 quid dearer than the LS85?
They appear very similar in spec...'or aren't they?
Anyone know?

Ls 150 has nitrocelluose finish, long tenon neck joint and better pots and caps, it also has an aluminium tailpice and brass saddle bridge. They may look the same but they are really quite different.

Mick

leadguitar_323 said:
Ls 150 has nitrocelluose finish, long tenon neck joint and better pots and caps, it also has an aluminium tailpice and brass saddle bridge. They may look the same but they are really quite different.

Mick

The 150 has an 18 degree headstock.... does the 85? And yes, a single piece back

The 150 also comes with a gorgeous case

My gawd! Is that what they do? How on earth are we supposed to keep track of older models when they keep changing the numbers?

thepacifist said:
Im not sure but isnt the LS85 now the LS90 (plain top), LS95F (flame top) ?

Nope.

The LS85 comes in two colours, Black and Gold Top.
The LS90 comes in all the 'other' colours except Black and Gold Top.

Yes, the LS95F is basically an LS90 with a flame top.

All LR models have an 18 degree headstock.

Geo said:
My gawd! Is that what they do? How on earth are we supposed to keep track of older models when they keep changing the numbers?

That's why this forum exists. :eek: Nice guitars, shame about the model numbering. Everybody agrees it's ridiculous, but Japan apparently had almost zero inflation for years so it wasn't a problem then I guess.

Mike

Back