LS 85/92/95/98

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nigelreed

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a love rock (not sure which model maybe LS100) from around 2003 and would like a back up for it. I have seen a shop with various LS 85/92/95 and 98 models that vary in price. I don't think that these numbers are used on the current "new" models so I'm guessing that they are old stock.

Is there much difference between the 85 and 98 in terms of playability? I found a link on the web which suggests these guitars are all pretty much the same in terms of hardware, am I wrong? Also are these all made in Japan models or are they just finished in Japan?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Exact same guitar (mij) but different tops (plain, flame veneer, quilt veneer). If we could see pics it would help further.

Paladin2019 said:
Exact same guitar (mij) but different tops (plain, flame veneer, quilt veneer). If we could see pics it would help further.

OK great, thanks for the reply, pics are not possible because he has 15 or more different models to choose from. I'm guessing flame veneer is the top of the range looking at the prices.

nigelreed said:
OK great, thanks for the reply, pics are not possible because he has 15 or more different models to choose from. I'm guessing flame veneer is the top of the range looking at the prices.

Quilt would be the most expensive normally. Maybe they're used, some of the numbers sound old. Watch out for that, the model numbers can overlap over time as they increase to reflect list price.

Back