LS 320 on the way!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubedogsmith

Reaction score
Well, I just pulled the trigger on an LS320. I sure hope it's as nice as I'm expecting. :lol:

cool.... if not I`ll give you a couple of hundred for it. I talkin GREENBACKS here, not yen. I`d do almost anything to help out a brother in need.

actually I`m Canadian... but I didn`t think anybody would be interested in our money outside the country. The further south of the border Canadians go, the less likely Americans will be to accept our money... it doesn`t look real to them.
HEY it doesn`t look real to some Canadians either.

Here's a pic if I can get this to work. I must admit I'm not crazy about the top but it's supposed to weigh 8Lbs. and sound wonderful. If so, I can live with the top.

1856_p26069.jpg

1856_p26075.jpg

I'm very, very fussy about what makes a pretty flame top - can't be OTT, can't be too thick or too straight etc etc.

That one is bloody gorgeous. 8) 8) 8)

Congrats! I like this top,not so georgous but vey pretty enough.
Please make a report for us.
Welcome to the forum.

Let me tell you one thing:

Being owner of 3 LS320s, I can tell you that the last thing you will remeber is that top.
First of all, the tone: if you have experience with high-end Gibsons, you'll understand what the fuss is about. When I got my first 320, I had a regular LP Std at the time, and it simply destroyed the Gibson in every single aspect you can think. The Gibson was gone in two weeks.
Second, finish and details: these are the real deal. Best workmanship in the business, and most of details the the Historics lack, the Tokais got it right.

Third, the TOP: I have some "over the top-tops" on my McInturffs and PRSs, and my 320s have wonderful tops; the one I like more is the least flamed of them, it got a beautiful grain, and nice flame, with huge 3d movement, and it sure looks much "older" than most of Gibsons I've seen around.

You will enjoy! :p

finrod said:
wats the diff of a neck and fingerboard? :-?
The finger- or fretboard is the dark thin part on top of the neck which wears the metal frets. On LS320 this is made of very rare Brazilian rosewood which even Gibson Historic Reissues don't use anymore. The part below the fingerboard is what's usually called the neck, and that's made of one piece of Honduras mahogany on a LS320, also very rare and expensive and so one reason for the high price.

That is an absolutely stunning guitar Villager! :eek:

Tell us about it - when, where did you get it, how much, whats it sound like? You know - all the good stuff :D

Gassyndrome, villager posted about the purchase a few weeks ago in another thread, so you might find it with the search option. You can also click on his homepage button to find more pictures of it and other Tokais.

Here it is:
http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3999&highlight=ls320

What's really interesting about that maple top is that it's more intense and a bit more curly than the LS320 models I've seen recently. And the annual rings do not run parallel to the strings (= quartersawn), but follow the body shape in curves.

Villager, congrats. Stunning guitar.... 8)

.... nearly so breath-robbing like these here... :p

Tokai%20Custommade%20SM%20VN1.jpg

Should I trade in your Lady? :wink:

hey, villager, 500 bucks and your 320....
... and this angel is yours!

(Frankly, be honest. Sounds not bad, eeh? :wink: )

Latest posts

Back