Love rock LS Purot, ..anyone hear of these before?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear and obscure character kind of ,Pete...is what they say. I was lucky with most of japanese people I met in facvt the have been at home for dinner several times and they asked us for help when in trouble and we are very happy helping and condicing them to the `places( Council matters, foreign matters,health matters,etc...,but I met them here in Spain,so I guess is not the same.

I have bought very sucessfull from Japan my guitars and I?ve learn a lot and have a lot of fun studying the details. I only have one time a trouble concerning the guitar but we both parts were kind enought to get an agrrement. Sometimes it?s so different way of thinking...you can think you?re making correct according to your mind.but you can be wrong, and they never told you, you just have to decipher the signs, ususally a breakdown comunication....but you?ll neve be sure why...

Your chance to get another Purot whatever that may be ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Japan-Love-Rock-LP-LS-Purot-Bird-eye-Top_W0QQitemZ320008059815QQihZ011QQcategoryZ2384QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like they have stolen the wood from my grandmas old closet ... :D

sneakyjapan said:
spend a few years living in japan,

...living only on natto
sneakyjapan said:
then we`ll talk.

:lol: (saw a kid taking a bath of natto in the tv program "knight scoop", it was freaking disgusting...)

Purot would be for "purototypu" or "pro" ?

i think hisashi knows his stuff well, it s just that he ll rip u off for a nickel. not as bad as other ebay dealers but not fair either

Scott Peteresen, the maker of Harmonic Design pickups, refers to Hisashi as "the eBay guy"

http://harmonicdesign.net/allpages/ebayguy.html

Still, that said, I have found Hisashi to be OK. He once accidentally sent me the wrong Silver Star from Japan :eek:, but he paid for shipping back and sent me a Boss compression pedal for my troubles.

p.s. I put a Harmonic Design Vintage Plus bridge humbucker to replace a bum PAF in a 1980 LS-50 Reborn Old, and it is a fantastic pickup. It sounds like somebody took a blanket off the guitar. Very clear, sweet and articulate. Overall, its subtle harmonic improvements make me want to get a neck one, too.

Here's a newspaper article on Scott, his pickup winding mojo and his cult following:

http://harmonicdesign.net/allpages/Newspaper.html

joukov said:
I saw a few of them at eBay.

What makes you think that 3-piece back is so bad that it would only be used with cheap guitars? :eek:

That's a very good point; my BEST Burny (I've owned about 2 dozen) is a very early 1980's RLG-80 and it has a 3 piece back. Most have a 2 piece and a very few have a 1 piece. This one i have kept with the 3 piece back over all the others is the most amazing Les Paul. None of my Burnys have serial numbers and no long tenons.

Here's my #1.................................
1_1.jpg

Here's a few more Burnys......................
5LPs.jpg

3 Burny RLG-80 'Super Grade' Models.............................
HiroHisashiYutaka.jpg

This RLG-80 now lives in Germany.........................
BFQ_Top.jpg

Good night...............................................

20 century boy said:
You let them stand on the gravel???? :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm not a maniac but... it will leave some scratches on the finish.

Those are all ballpark roughly 25 year vintage Burnys and all show varying signs of use, and some show signs of previous abuse. The finishes are poly and I didn't notice anything of consequence post photo. I didn't throw them in the gravel; they were all gently placed.

Considering the condition of some of the guitars I own and considering they are all used, I would have to say that I am actually pretty anal about my treatment and my handling of the instruments I purchase, collect, and sell.....................
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedbackFromBuyers&userid=mij_vintage&items=-1&item=180067405666&de=off
....................and these folks leave me reason to believe my own drivel................

Here, maybe this along with counseling will help heal the horror in your mind.......................
BST67FrontFull.jpg

EpiBodyFrt2.jpg

1BodyFront-1.jpg

Banana2.jpg

Voodoo veggie pizza, yummy......................
Voodoo1_PizzaBox_Yummy.jpg

So what? What is wrong to sell older Harmonic-Design-Pickups?! Guys from harmonicdesign - have you produced trash in the 80s and 90s?! Better be quiet.

I know hisashi very well and have bought many Tokais and JVs from him in the past. All guitars were exactly as described. I know hisashi as a highly recommended seller and would buy further guitars from him anytime. There are many "specialized" guys in europe and USA... I don`t think that they really know better than an experienced seller from Japan.

tokaigeezer said:
Scott Peteresen, the maker of Harmonic Design pickups, refers to Hisashi as "the eBay guy"

http://harmonicdesign.net/allpages/ebayguy.html

Still, that said, I have found Hisashi to be OK. He once accidentally sent me the wrong Silver Star from Japan :eek:, but he paid for shipping back and sent me a Boss compression pedal for my troubles.

p.s. I put a Harmonic Design Vintage Plus bridge humbucker to replace a bum PAF in a 1980 LS-50 Reborn Old, and it is a fantastic pickup. It sounds like somebody took a blanket off the guitar. Very clear, sweet and articulate. Overall, its subtle harmonic improvements make me want to get a neck one, too.

Here's a newspaper article on Scott, his pickup winding mojo and his cult following:

http://harmonicdesign.net/allpages/Newspaper.html

Hisashi, good to see you here. How long have you been lurking around these parts?
Now you can finally explain to us the meaning of Purot :)

The musical instruments store of Japanese Shikoku asked it for production of this guitar.
This is not Ls-80.Of course it is not LS-150.

At first, as for what want you to pay attention to it, the Body back is 3P.
Body TOP is 2P(It is not laminating.not stick thin veneer)
It is a model except a catalogue.The person who made this is my friend.

A thing with this message board by much perplexity is because my TOKAI Guitar has many guitars except a catalogue.

A question welcomes you. :D

You're right Hisashi, we've seen many guitars come through here that can not be found in any catalogue; I have one myself. That's part of what makes searching for and buying Tokai's so much fun. :lol:

Latest posts

Back