Just scored a MIJ Burny RLG-90...........pics inside.

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JandG

Reaction score
I got this on a BIN last night, price was fair & if truely in the 9.8 total condition as stated it was a nice score IMHO. I am a big fan of the VH-1's they are my favorite HB. I have a Gibson R8 to compare & a Burny Sg w/ Vh-1's, a MIJ Tokai gt . In fact my Vh-1 Burny SG as far as raw tone is better than my Ginson R8, doesnt sustain as good as the R8 , but tone wise is is unreal through my Soldano Astroverb into Marshall 1965a 4x10 cab. straight in , no effects. I am excited for sure, 650.00 shipped.I have studied MIJ clones for about 2 years now so I think it is a real mij without dought. Thanks for looking.

Congrats man! I've got VH-1's in all my Burnys, except for the one Burny that has Mini-humbuckers in it.

Also, if you ever geta dead set of pups and want to try something new, a friend of mine makes pups called "Dirty Dogs" and they RIP! $92.00 for a matched set!!!!

you can find them on Ebay

Thanks for the inside on those pups....
You been collecting Burny's for awhile...?

JandG said:
Thanks for the inside on those pups....
You been collecting Burny's for awhile...?

Yeah, for about three years or so, along with all the other Lawsuit models.
I'm sure you must have seen my collection posted here on the forum, I think everyone is getting tired of looking at it actually.

Nice guitar!

Out of curiosity, did Burny's always have VH-1 pickups? The reason I ask is I have an earlier one (1978 model), and the pickups don't have any markings on them at all. They sound great but I'm not sure they're actually VH-1's. Anyone?

Thanks!

Jim

Jim, as far as Fernandes is a brand they contract different factories in different eras,this is the reason specs can change from time to time.Post a pic of the back for helping you easily and compare to other pickups pics posted here....

Jim, that 1978 Burny couold even have been built in the factory that did Ibanez of that time period, I could be wrong, but I think earlly on this was a possibilty..?That would be very nice for you since those are touted as some of the best.& I do see a very high quality in some of those late 70's Burny's, very high....................This buying of MIJ "lawsuit " guitars is getting real fun, I have yet to get a bad one yet. All I have play & sound just great. I would like to see the pictures of the collection of the other poster if it can be done....?

Latest posts

Back