Just grabbed this one

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmarccoco

Reaction score
Ok, I just bought the matching baby brother to my St 100 from our friend Mark.. I love being broke yet having guitars.. :eek:

DSCF5345.jpg

DSCF5349.jpg

DSCF5347.jpg

DSCF5350.jpg

DSCF5351.jpg

Looks nice. Is your ST100 blonde/maple as well? How do they compare?

Mike

here is the St 100. St 100 one piece with gold hardware. ST 80 two piece center joined standard hardware. Both are 1980(according to ser number)..

CopyofIMG_3098.jpg

IMG_2382.jpg

CopyofIMG_3096.jpg

CopyofIMG_3093.jpg

OK cool. I guess I'm curious about whether a 100 is worth the extra money over an 80. I doubt if a one piece body really makes a Strat any better - but you can actually do a direct comparison.

So what's the verdict?

I just bought it tonight, I will have to wait to compare them.. Blonde is a rare color.. Ive only seen three.

As far as The St 100's being worth it.....Sound wise, no.. My ST 80 sounds just as good as the St 100. BUt The ST 100's are rare. so if your into that I guess they are worth it..

I like light strats though. MY ST 100 is ultra light, and my St 80 is light. I had another sunburst St 100 that sounded just as good, and played easier than all of them, but was a little heavier than both.. BUt it was a beautiful St 100..

Whats cool about the vintage 7okai strats is that they all sound a little different. I would attribute that to the age of them, and that they were produced like the original 50's strats in smaller factories..

Yeah, a picture with the two will be cool.. Mark will send her off on wed, and should only take two weeks to get here.. :D

It must be about time the gallery in the registry was updated - we have seen some interesting and rare Tokais on the forum since the gallery was first set up. Ken's pair of Springys would make ideal candidates.

Back