Just got an ES130 from Ishibashi -- but there are issues

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I wrote Koichi and explained my issues (with photos). He wrote back immediately and apologized profusely. Ishibashi is paying for return shipping and the guitar is going back. Can't say enough about their customer service.

Now I'm debating whether to order another one. I'm a little gun shy now about ordering sight unseen. I was originally hoping to find an ES100/110 or 120/130 in Vintage Natural, but they didn't have any available. Anybody looking to sell one?

Thanks for all your help -- too bad it didn't work out, but Ishibashi sure did right by me.

sneakyjapan said:
Hiroaki is a mans name.

Jep, I'm dealing with Hiroaki now and I think it is not a good idea to call him lady :D .

Heard from a lad from ESP that Noriko is very pretty!

Well, this one is single, any chance of getting a picture of her for the registry?

Nighttrain said:
Well I wrote Koichi and explained my issues (with photos). He wrote back immediately and apologized profusely. Ishibashi is paying for return shipping and the guitar is going back. Can't say enough about their customer service.

Well, with this kind of service I'd go for another one if available. This shop must be quite reliable.

nighttrain I wouldn't hesitate for one second, get another guitar, sight unseen or not... no doubts about tokai quality or ishibashi's service ever, you just had bad luck... and it all worked out, go for it, you won't regret

a nice little photo of noriko would be nice ahahahah

That's good news nightrain I'm pleased Ishibashi sorted you out.

I'd go with waht Bruno says and get another. What country are you from bud?

Thanks for the advice everybody -- I'll definitely consider this one just a rare bad apple.

I'm in the US (Los Angeles).

Oh, and if anybody has a Tokai (or even late 70's/early 80's Burny or Greco) ES that they are thinking of selling -- let me know (any color is fine).

Thanks again!

I'm debating at the moment whether to sell this one. Seymour Duncan pickups, pro setup - absolutely wonderful guitar but I've got too many. So many I just sold off a lovely PRS this morning :cry:

tokai5.jpg

tokai1.jpg

tokai4.jpg

tokai3.jpg

so you`d like to see a pic of Nori chan eh....ask her. I don`t think it will be a problem finding a Japanese with a camera :eek: ... they all got em in their cell phones nowadays anyway.

I bet that Sneaky.While in Japan girls just take us photos with cell phones( three occidental men make a lot of "noise" and if they're latin.... :wink: ) to see us carafully instead of look at us directly,you know.....shy I guess.

Bruno it's more subtle than that.It's not easy to tell,just have to live it by yourself.Girls(like Japan country) are just different,the opposite to us latin people.Some japanese pupils of my brother have tried to look for a japanese girlfriend for him(as they think it's the best for him) and I agree it would be a great companion because his character("clear" as japanese people say),very patient and quiet excellent person. I remember a girl getting livid when my friend asked her what's the train to take to Tokyo while in Kyoto,I guess he is not a gentle kind of man,too much direct.Luckily for the girl an old man was ready to answer the question to us. I have to go back to Japan....

and with that you mean they're very shy, right?

but seriously I would love to visit japan, just something about their culture, draws me to it...

Back to discussion on your guitar ....

I'm hoping the splotchiness in the pictures is just reflections (I think it's just reflections because it's not the same in all angles). I see the couple marks that are for real. Weird.

I'm glad to hear that you will be able to return the guitar.

Let us know how it all comes out.

I have been to Japan, cleanest country on earth. My wife is Chinese And I have a great looking daughter at 17. Never underestimate these people in any way, shape or form. They are very, very intelligent and sometimes introverted, but they are very loyal to familly and freinds. But once they get here thet do very well and of course like everybody else, they act like any other American. I have nothing but respect to the Orientals race and their cultures. And yes my Wife can kick my butt!

Mark :wink:

Brilliant. We're all humbled beyond comprehension.

My wife is english, white and from the North of England,UK.

She can kick my *** too. :D

Incidentally,my daughter is beautiful too. She's not Chinese, she's 9 years old and English. :D

Latest posts

Back