Is this true

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RocknBlues

Reaction score
I'll post this question again since nobody that looked at my other post seemed to know.

I heard or read somewhere that the Ls125f was modelled on the '59 Les Paul, Is this true or false?

P1000009.jpg

Well for a start the 59 LP didn't have a veneer, your guitars neck would be similar to a 59's in size and its obviously a LP but no i wouldn't call it a 59 replica.

Mick

Thanks Mick,

I knew the 59 wasn't a veneer, but I thought the neck would be chunkier if it was modelled off the '59 LP, the neck on my epiphone LP studio was supposedly a '60's profile and it felt bigger in the hand than the ls125 but I have never held a '59 LP so I couldn't compare.Didn't they call the 59's neck a baseball bat?

Keep in mind, 58/59/60 Les Paul necks were very inconsistent, some were thick, some were thin, they varied.

http://www.youtube.com/user/guitargourmet#play/uploads/52/XlWnKDXv1Xw

58's generally had the "baseball bat" style large neck, the 59's were a bit slimmer and the 60 was the thinnest neck of the 3, Tokai's are generally the 59 style neck.

Mick

Thanks guys,

That's the type of info I was looking for, maybe I should have worded it better :oops:

Diamond,, those video's are great, full of useful info, I've never heard of them before, where would i look to find the originals?

Back