Is this a Tokai Breezysound?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reese

Reaction score
Hi,

i would like to know if this is a Tokai guitar:

breezysound03bas2g.jpg

breezysound07bdtq3.jpg

breezysound12bxqhd.jpg

breezysound09bhs8r.jpg

breezysound06b0tnt.jpg

breezysound17bkt8w.jpg

breezysound13bst1a.jpg

breezysound21b4qml.jpg

breezysound22bltmy.jpg

breezysound20buqmd.jpg

The seller is not sure about the guitar. But he was told that it's a Tokai Breezysound

Thank you in advance
Markus

Hard to be sure. The tuners don't look like Tokais - is there any writing on them? I've never seen a bridge like that on a Tokai - or anything else, come to think of it. The stamps on the neck butt look vaguely Tokai-ish though.

Mike

Agree with Mike. Covers on the tuners don't match any I've seen, and the bridge just looks plain weird. The saddles are more Strat than Tele.

Difficult to tell with the neck stamp, but I wouldn't rule out the possibility of it being legit. The string retainer looks okay, as does the fake truss rod marking, but there's no sign of a Tokai logo. Even when they've been removed there's often something leftover. Have you got any other angles on that?

Has the seller suggested a vintage? Any other pics or info? Any chance that someone has assembled it from spare parts?

BlueThird said:
Any chance that someone has assembled it from spare parts?

That's the trouble with Fenders and their derivatives - there's always a chance that it's a Partsocaster.

:(

stratman323 said:
I've never seen a bridge like that on a Tokai - or anything else, come to think of it.

i think i've seen a bridge along those lines on a redwing tornado. I think it's a wilkinson, but could be wrong.

No idea about the guitar, though, but as you've all been saying, if it is a tokai, a lot has been changed.

I'd say the neck was probably Tokai, but I've no idea about the rest of it.

If you're buying it to play though, and it sounds good and is at a fair price, then it might be a decent purchase.

What does it play like?

Thank you all!

It is an internet offer. I don't have any more information or pics : /
When the seller did buy the guitar he was told that it's a tokai. And thats all he knows.

I will keep you up to date if I can get it for a good price.

the wood grain looks like pine to me ...i think most Toks were and should be Ash which is much tighter ...i'd be a bit wary of this one! :wink:

It is an offer in german fleabay.Seller says that a previous owner took some sandpaper to remove laquer first and putted some wax on it instead.Bridge is Wilkinson,PUs are original.He is not sure if it's really a tokai but he has some experience with japanese and chinese guitars.He has absolutely no information if it is a tokai,he only believes it regarding the kind of the quality

Latest posts

Back