Introduction + Love Rock questions?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:eek: I'll be damned!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=270301597319&Category=112670&_trksid=p3907.m29&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2

That's the same as my one. I didn't think Tokai still made that colour scheme. Great if you're a Slash fan!

Tobacco bursts never really come out too well in photos. I don't know why, but they look a lot 'warmer' in real life.

Tokai's ones are particularly good though. I've seen some other makes that can best be described as "Turd Burst" but not on a Tokai.

I wasn't too keen on mine when I first saw the Ebay ad (I was after a Violin finish one a bit lighter, like Jimmy Page's) but I must admit it's grown on me and now I really love it.

Dang, if people ever ask me if I got it because of Slash I'll refin it all black :lol:
That burst does look nice... Almost satin like on the darker bits, but I really like!

And it looks like I will have some money... so it's Edwards + pay off some debts or Tokai...

I have such a hard time deciding I was actually considering such a thread :lol:

Either way I should wait at least a week. Depending on funds it'll either be Edwards (if monetary situation worse than I thought), Sunburst (if it's ok) or Red Wine (if I'm incredibly rich, wooohooo... won't happen though. But maybe)

Nothing I can do but wait... and maybe hope a cheap second hand one comes up!

Kinda ironic coming from Gucci eh? :lol:
But you're right I guess... I'm just not sure the Edwards is much better/worse than the Tokais. Mostly it's a difference in looks and ?200... if I could play them, it'd make life much easier, though I do know I can play the LS85s just fine. I doubt the Edwards are much far off though...

I prefer the Tokai. The Edwards isn't that far off it, but I've only played a Custom. As I said earlier, I think a 'burst one will age better than a Custom, so that would be my choice, but it's your money and you're the dude that'll be playing it and looking at it! :lol:

Sleep on it, check your funds and then decide. I vote this one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Tokai-Love-Rock-LS85F-Electric-Guitar-Heritage-Cherry_W0QQitemZ370095065591QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item370095065591&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

Plus it's ?50 cheaper if funds are tight (probably old stock bought before the exchange rate made a price-hike inevitable) Just my two cents worth though. You'll have to decide for yourself. :wink:

Forum member Donkey_Oaty did have a wine red LS150 (I think) for sale. Might be worth asking him if it's still for sale?

I checked his threads and it appears to no longer be available. Shame, that would have been ideal!

There will be others.

There's a 2005 LC85 here if a Custom is still your bag:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/80s-Tokai-Les-Paul-Cream-Finish-Beautiful-Condition_W0QQitemZ140291015659QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV?hash=item140291015659&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

(Anything concerning this please post in the Ebay alerts page. Cheers!)

....ARGH! Just as I'd decided for the Edwards (because of the price)... this comes up :lol: I hate you all :lol:

The auction ends in 3 days, enough time for me to decide and bid on it (maybe). Thanks for the link!

He looks like a genuine kind of bloke. 100% Feedback, etc.

LC85, 2 x PAF Mk II, Gotoh hardware. He says he'll even clean it up and put a new set of 10's on if you win it.

I reckon it'll go for ?375. Post-Christmas, no case (I think) credit card bills coming in, etc. etc.

Anyone else wanna guess? :lol:

Comes with a Gator...
Damnit.. the main advantage of the Ed was that it was cheaper... If this goes for even less than the Ed... what choice have I got left? :lol: I'll be watching it...

Easy. Bid the Edwards money on this, then forget about it until it ends.

If it's meant to be yours then it'll be yours. If not you can still buy the Edwards and you haven't had to rush into it. It's only two days and a bit to wait.

If this is as good as it looks it's a better guitar than the Eddie anyway.

It's a good job it's a Custom or even I would be tempted by that. Too flashy for me, all that fancy binding on the headstock. Could be a bargain if you like that though.

I like it. I personally prefer Tokai's headstock inlay to the 'split diamond' one on the Gibson.

Of course I'd like it a whole lot more with chrome hardware! I reckon it'd be ideal for Pott though. It'll be the same to play as the LS85. It'll sound the same, and he gets a Tokai for the price of an Edwards. Bargain!

What do you reckon on final price then Stratman? I'd revise mine to be ?370 - ?400 now because it has a case, although it's not the original one.

Any guesses?

This here be the Ed:
LPx2.jpg

The seller told me it's completely mint, comes with its own hardcase, no fret buzz, setup etc... It's like everyone's allied against a clear choice :eek:

As for that Tokai custom, I don't like the headstock as much, but otherwise I dig it. Very similar to that Edwards as you can see!

I also much prefer the ebony board and as much as I was impressed by those MKIIs pups in that LS85, I also prefer Duncans... More used to their sounds I guess. I have a Jazz (bridge) ready to pop in whatever I buy, my favorite pickup so far.

Goestoeleven said:
What do you reckon on final price then Stratman? I'd revise mine to be ?370 - ?400 now because it has a case, although it's not the original one.

Any guesses?

I wouldn't like to guess. I follow the prices of the Strats & Teles, but not the LPs, so I'm not sure what they go for. The market is strange at the moment, so hard to predict anything!

Latest posts

Back