Identification of a Burny with Serial

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeJackson

Reaction score
Hey Guys... I'm the new one ;)

I've got an offer for a great looking Burny LP Custom but I'm a little bit confused about the specs and can't tell the model or year it was made.

It is a pretty light LP (weights only about 3.5 kilos - would be about 7.6 lbs) and its a bit thinner than usual.
It has the Diamond-shaped Burny-Inlay on the headstock and a two-screws trussrod-cover with wings (from the pictures I can't tell if there are more screw-holes under the trussrod-cover).
The Pickups are VH-1's with grey wire.
The seller says, its a MIJ from the early 90s.

So everything points out, that the guitar is a late 80s - early 90s model. But as far as I know Burny started to add serials again in 1990. And here is my problem:
In the Bridge-Cavity-Hole is a serial-nr. and as far as I can decipher it on the picture it starts with 825.. - can't see the last digits.
I thought, the first cipher indicates the year the guitar was made ... then that would be 1998. But in 96 the last original Burnys were made (with two-screw trussrods and diamond-inlay).

Could you help me identify that guitar?

Thanks and greetings from germany,
joe

Sure ... here are some:

IMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5016.JPG

IMG_5019.JPG

You can read 82... if you mess around with contrast-settings in photoshop

IMG_5029.JPG

I know Burny are really popular with some people, but that decal would be a problem for me. I know I'd get laughed at if I turned up with a guitar that looked like it's called a "Bunny" :lol: "Have you got your rabbit guitar with you today, Mike?"

Surely they could have chosen a better logo?

This is the best Les Paul I've ever played, or owned; the growth ring structure is large & the grain orientation is perfect for complete sound (vibration) transfer through the whole width of the body

I'm proud that it has Bunny (Burny) on the head stock.

I've had people nearly beg me to sell this monster axe; NO WAY...............

RLGambersun.jpg

Anyone interested in the guitar in question - its on ebay here...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=320142590271&rd=1&rd=1

Back