Help dating a les paul Tokai ?

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

facialdeluxe

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm trying to get infos on that model:
the Serial N° is only 6 digits 083414
it was supposed to be a 1983 MIJ, now I'm confuse.
If someone can help me ?

Thank you,

Olivier

Attachments

• SR.png
    SR.png
    232.4 KB · Views: 0
  • head.png
    head.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • body.png
    body.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
Definitely not Japanese. And definitely not 1983.

It was built in 2008 in China or Korea as Homer said.

Prix non négociable.
:rolleyes:

He also doesn't mention the strangely crippled looking D-string tuner button. BTW, it isn't quite clear (to me) if that's even really a (as in "authorized" or "ordered by") Tokai - besides the serial, the color isn't usually available on ALCs. Well, I'm glad you dodged that bullet.

@Sigmania - I just saw something funky on that platform:

Screenshot 2023-10-30 at 12.32.41.jpg
(Note the (possibly recycled) sticker! Seen another example of that 2010 "limited edition" here.) :confused:

It's not in the 2007 or 2009 catalogs that I have. They only have black or white finishes on those in that period.

It is still not clear of these are legitimate Tokais or counterfeits.

I would stay clear of that guitar at that price. Probably worth half that I would think.

Homer, we were typing the same thing at the same time it looks like.

That C10 serial number I believe is correct, and seems like I have seen some of those Limited Edition models. Kind of the upscale members of the Chinese line.

SG Junior legit?

977-dee2418556fc895f03fe775669977fdf.jpg978-0711774b288a2f9b6aaa307034fa1c35.jpg

Homer, we were typing the same thing at the same time it looks like.

I figured. :)

That C10 serial number I believe is correct, and seems like I have seen some of those Limited Edition models. Kind of the upscale members of the Chinese line.

Yet there was a MIJ sticker slapped on and the price set to 1000EUR. So much funky business going on with all those MIK/MIC Tokais. :(

Back