Growing older

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John,
I hope it went well last night ... 8) 8) 8)

Hopefully you're still dreaming of that successful event ... asleeping happily ... :wink:
Roger

Yep, it was a great sucess!!! :D :D

It was only a small gig, but the place was pretty packed (mostly with friends & family) so we went down really well!

We all played really well, and from what I've heared the out-front sound was good.

Just played the one guitar all night, a Bacchus '57 Strat, I might get a bit more adventerous for the next one!!

I don't know, these people who only ever play Strats, how unimaginative......

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats, glad you enjoyed it. When is the live album going on sale?

Thanks Mike!!

Really did enjoy it, felt great to be gigging again, can't wait for the next one!!

As for only playing Strats, that's going to have to change!! More than one person said I sounded like Mark Knopfler :eek: someone I never listen too, and who's playing bores me to death!!

JohnA said:
Thanks Mike!!

Really did enjoy it, felt great to be gigging again, can't wait for the next one!!

As for only playing Strats, that's going to have to change!! More than one person said I sounded like Mark Knopfler :eek: someone I never listen too, and who's playing bores me to death!!

Atta boy John. Nice to knock the rust off it, isn't it?

Jimmie Vaughan once told Stevie that he sounded like Robin Trower and little Stevie socked Jimmie in the nose. Don't punch the patrons!

Deadman said:
Would have liked to have seen that John.

I was in Boro over Christmas too.

Through the magic of the internet you can :D Not brilliant, but you get the idea!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=IcyKwBMwmao&feature=related

leadguitar_323 said:
Excellent John, Nice mellow tune and well played.... :wink:

Mick

Cheers Mick!! Don't worry, give me another 6 months and we'll be a Rock Band :wink:

I can see why you were upset when that guy said you sounded like Knopfler!

Excellent playing John, and what a tone! What's the stompbox?

It's the tone - so many people hear a Strat on the bridge/middle setting, & they think of Knopfler.

There are worse comparisons - now if someone had said you sound like Gary Moore.......

:wink:

:lol:

AlanN said:
I can see why you were upset when that guy said you sounded like Knopfler!

Excellent playing John, and what a tone! What's the stompbox?

Thanks Alan, Good to know someone dosen't think I sound like him!

Main part of the song is Strat-> Boss CS-2 -> JTM45
Lead bit Strat-> Boss CS-2 -> Boss DM2->JTM45
Then Strat-> Boss OD2 -> Boss DM2->JTM45

I think the tone is pretty nice, I prefer my BBE Green Screamer to the OD-1 but it doesn't match the rest of my pedals :wink:

stratman323 said:
It's the tone - so many people hear a Strat on the bridge/middle setting, & they think of Knopfler.

There are worse comparisons - now if someone had said you sound like Gary Moore.......

:wink:

:lol:

I'll probably get that accusation next gig when I get a Les Paul out :D

JohnA said:

Only if you get the leather trousers out too!

I'm amazed you can remember which pedal you used on each song - I just step on whichever one makes the right noise at the time!

stratman323 said:
JohnA said:

Only if you get the leather trousers out too!

I'm amazed you can remember which pedal you used on each song - I just step on whichever one makes the right noise at the time!

The diet is on-going, but I don't think I'll be able to squeeze in to my leather pants before the next gig :D

Only have one compressor, one delay, and one overdrive on the board so it's easy to remember which one I used where. I have a boss CE-2 chorus that never gets used, and a modded DS-1 for Gary Moore moments :D

Back