Greco Super Real MSV FV

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haven't seen too many Dry Z stamps but I surely haven't seen the Z stamp in front of the serial/production code number; anyone else notice that?
On the neck pup, the Z is in front of the number code ............

I only recall seeing the Z stamp at the end of the number code on previous examples

MIJvintage said:
haven't seen too many Dry Z stamps but I surely haven't seen the Z stamp in front of the serial/production code number; anyone else notice that?
On the neck pup, the Z is in front of the number code ............

I only recall seeing the Z stamp at the end of the number code on previous examples

Also, I just noticed something else on the base of the pickups; there looks to be no solder where a cover would have been soldered on.
Looks like these never had covers on them.
Anyone else see this?

Does the Greco MS V show as having covers in the catalog?
I know catalogs aren't the end all & be all but just wondering what the photo shows :) .........................

I'm thinking these are very likely original to the guitar; anyone else have an opinion?

just found this ...............

http://psyco.jp/greco/file/a8110b.html

1981 MSV with uncovered pups in the catalog photo = PU2 pickups

I still think the pups in the eBay listing are most likely original to the guitar ...............

Sold for $804 - anybody here?

Interesting to know they came in double blacks and now zebras, based on Rich's recent post. Anyone ever seen double whites?

I sense a Dry Z intervention in the near future...

Congrats Rich :D

Yes... Congrats... Rich........For a very long time you have wondered what all the talk was about these PUP's....... WE have signed you up for DRY-Z rehab.....Ryan, Mark, Dennis and I will take you there !!! :D :D

thanks guys but no intervention needed :lol: ............

plan is to utilize the Dry pups from the MSV in my 1982 Mint Collection gold top :) which is a very special piece of lumber

it sounds really nice with the original Screamin' 82 pups; best I have heard but with a set of Dry Z pups installed I can only imagine it could be the gold top at the top of the heap :D

Grecogoldtop11-2.jpg

grecogtout2-1.jpg

grecogtroute.jpg

you know, I was thinking I hope I don't like this MSV850, 'cause I bought it for the Dry Z pups for another guitar

if I play the thing and I end up liking it, I could be in big trouble; then I might have to put these in it :lol:
DRYZunctwo.jpg

Latest posts

Back