Got this new Tokai LP!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

valvestate

Reaction score
Just recently got this as a trade from my American Standard Strat. Thanks for all those who helped me from the thread http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=23304 that I was able to decide whether I would trade my guitar. This is my first Made In Japan LP and I'm very impressed with the sound and its workmanship.

The guy told me that this was directly purchased from a guitar store in Japan and just had to sell/ trade it since it was too heavy for him! Well, I think at roughly 9lbs ++ this is indeed a heavy monster!

I like that the stock pickups are not muddy and surprisingly, can have a very good clean sounds. This was previously set up as .11s down to Eb since the seller was in a black metal type band! Now I fitted it with NYXL .10 and now it is more easy to play with standard tuning.. 1st time to use NYXL btw... I LOVE IT.

Can somebody please tell me what is the exact model and spec of this? Thank you! :)

IMG-20160702-WA0000.jpg

IMG-20160702-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20160702-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20160702-WA0004.jpg

Congrats on the guitar.

valvestate said:
Can somebody please tell me what is the exact model and spec of this? Thank you! :)

Like said in the other thread, look underneath the pickups to see if there are any markings in the cavities.

valvestate said:

In the other thread you said you were reluctant to "dissect" the guitar to get the information you wanted. Luckily felixcatus' solution of looking under the pickups is simple and safe. Simply loosen off the strings, unscrew the four screws in the corners of the pickup rings, slide the whole pickup assembly out and take a peek.

When you're done, slot it back into place and rescrew the screws. This method doesn't even involve changing the pickup height.

In 2009 it was a LS80 with MK3 pickups....current model no, LS122...colour, HDC, Heritage Dark Cherry.

IMO, the best model Tokai make, just add MK2 pickups and a Switchcraft toggle switch.

Latest posts

Back