Got another Tokai

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coach Calhoun

Reaction score
I own a USG100, and have had a couple of Korean ones before, got this from Musicground (England), its a les paul custom model, it was meant to be black, but came in wine red (much better, I love Wine Red, only ordered black as they said thats the only colour available), anyway on the box it says its an LC-125 SEB, but that model doesn't seem to exist? Whats going on? The serial begins with 05 so I presume its built this year.

Just got bored and called them, haha, didn't take long for me to get bored. They said its a new model and thats why its not on the net, part of their new soundstream range.

I just picked up black custom with an ebony board, anyone know which model it is???the normal ones are rosewood, def made in japan. I have to add the quality is very good, change the strings/setup and truss the neck and it plays better than my gibson standard however the finishing (ie the neck binding has slight marks) is the only thing that lets it down (though I've seen gibsons that are worse!!!) I've been after a good les paul with a polly finish (hate how nitro gets sticky!) and I think these have solved my problems!! Hope so I've just ordered a goldtop and a flame top!!

Coach Calhoun said:
....anyway on the box it says its an LC-125 SEB, but that model doesn't seem to exist? Whats going on?
We, here at the Forum, do have the largest selection of Tokai catalogues of the Wild West.
Feel free. Have a look! :wink: http://www.tokairegistry.com/tokai-info/tokai-catalogs.html#Cat03

Yes, 05xxxxx and "Made in Japan" onthe back of headstock= 2.005 year made.If 3rd numers is 1 then the guitar could be possible made in the second half of the current year(July and after....)

SEB(Sound Effect Body) LC(LPCustom style guitar) are very rare but interesting. Just let us know about the guitar if you get it.

Here it is...

TokaiLPCustom.jpg

Setup was awful when I got it, but it was with the last japanese Tokai I got, fixed that now, its playing well, shall be my main guitar I think now instead of my ESP Viper Standard, the other Tokai and my Godin.

anyone can answer this::::::::

what do they/you do when you get it properely set???

+ nice finish!!!!!! that looks as dood as they can get!
________
Teen vids

When I get a guitar set to how i like it, I write down any measurement I can think of, action, relief, everything. I note down the string guage, everything. My favourite playing guitar is (wait for it) an Epiphone Dot, it feels great in the hand and feels great under the fingers. Any guitar I get set up after that refers back to those measurements as much as possible, going from how the nut's cut to everything else. I bought a Greco Les Paul Black Beauty recently that needs a new nut cut so that'll be the next task after I get my new Tokai ES-120 this week/early next week :)

I had the Dot worked on at Capsule Music in Toronto when I was living out there. Since being done (electronics, nut, frets, the works basically), all I've done is slightly adjust the trussrod every now and then when I bounce between continents (English home, Canadian wife right now).

I don't stick to the measurements though. The feel is more important than numerical accuracy. If the action is higher on one guitar than another but feels right, that's all that matters.

Andy.

Got any better lit, or close up pics of that Custom Coach? I'm thinking of adding to my herd, and a black/wine Custom always looked like a tasty guitar to me.

Coach Calhoun said:
Here it is...

TokaiLPCustom.jpg

Setup was awful when I got it, but it was with the last japanese Tokai I got, fixed that now, its playing well, shall be my main guitar I think now instead of my ESP Viper Standard, the other Tokai and my Godin.

i really love the look of these new Tokai customs!!!!

chrislpp said:
Who loves Black Beauties???? (me!!!!)

i would be in a transe if i had to pick, the wine red would lure me like a drunk to the paintjob, id probably try and taste it.

i like black lester customs with only the 2 humbuckers... the black beautys with 3 p/ups look odd????

Tomorrow I'm propably getting my second Tokai LS70 for companion of my LS85Q. What do you think is the proper price for a 2004 LS70 with SD Jazz&SD, the original mikes come along.

Matti

Back