First REAL proof that Edwards' are actually MIJ

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a post from sneaky

"well, I`m not that familiar with Tokyo, when I do go there I`m always with my wife and don`t want to bore her with my guitar related stuff...I am going to have to go there alone soon though so i can take my time.
You could get some guitar magazines...Player...or Guitar...sold in book stores, they have lots of ads from shops and you could ask hotel staff to tell you where to go and how to get there. Do a search on line and print out some maps...Japanese maps can be incredibly accurate, they show each and every building...the undeground looks like a bowl of spaghetti and you may need a little time to get it, and try to avoid the subway or train during rush hour...think you`ve seen people where you live?...no you haven`t...in the past I have watched from an out of the way spot behind a beam or something...and it is like a sea of people ebbing and flowing, simply amazing...as long as you don`t get swept away.
Super deals are hard to find nowadays though, too many people after the old MIJs and prices are often crazy, and every single foreign guitar player is looking too so ya gotta be lucky...I look at the pawn shop type chain stores too...like Hard Off and 2nd Street...they get guitars in and out all the time so luck plays a role for sure."

Hard Off and 2nd Street? Maybe under_score can hit those shops. :wink:

SUSHI GUY said:
cashcow said:
Sushi Guy

How's the sushi in Stockton? Is it fresh? :wink:

8) not too bad cashcow. hows the sushi in new england lately?

Only had it once - not my cup of tea, as they say. Raw veggies and fruit are real good. Fish? It's got to be baked or fried for me. :wink:

cashcow said:
SUSHI GUY said:
cashcow said:
Sushi Guy

Only had it once - not my cup of tea, as they say. Raw veggies and fruit are real good. Fish? It's got to be baked or fried for me. :wink:

Bro... you should be gorging yourself on lobster, cherry stone clams in broth, chowder and bluefish!

marcusnieman said:
cashcow said:
SUSHI GUY said:
cashcow said:
Sushi Guy

Bro... you should be gorging yourself on lobster, cherry stone clams in broth, chowder and bluefish!

The occasional lobsta roll or fried clams or chowda, or maybe a piece of baked scrod at Legal Sea Foods, but raw fish? :oops: And I like this as well - the original Bowie mix, as weird as it is.

51CC6NWPJYL._SS400_.jpg

Raw fish is good stuff. The Cook Islanders do a nice dish of raw fish marinaded in Lemon juice and served with coconut cream, luverly.

Sashimi rocks too! If you can stomach smoked salmon (I certainly can, preferably with someone else paying), then raw fish isn't too much of a stretch from there.

SUSHI GUY said:
japanstrat said:
No I'm not the guy that made the thread.

I'm just quoting that person at the MyLesPaul forum who seems to have interesting info about Edwards.

8) so sneaky is still around.......why he isnt coming back here???

they are gibiphone & bon-bon arent they? r they still xxing my name there sometimes? anyways thats ok......i let go........

Hey joe, I am not x-xing you anymore! Yes, it's bon bon, er, boneman, no, it's tonebone here!

You swooped in out of nowhere and posted that Made In Chinese info's on Edwards over there, kinda hard to believe someone when they only had a couple of posts. savvy?

You're not xxing me, are you?? :D

Anyway, you try that Special Materials Edwards, yet? I wanna know how good they are!

What happened to the Dew? Not doing the Dew, now?

zepping said:
SUSHI GUY said:
japanstrat said:
No I'm not the guy that made the thread.

I'm just quoting that person at the MyLesPaul forum who seems to have interesting info about Edwards.

8) so sneaky is still around.......why he isnt coming back here???

they are gibiphone & bon-bon arent they? r they still xxing my name there sometimes? anyways thats ok......i let go........

Hey joe, I am not x-xing you anymore! Yes, it's bon bon, er, boneman, no, it's tonebone here!

You swooped in out of nowhere and posted that Made In Chinese info's on Edwards over there, kinda hard to believe someone when they only had a couple of posts. savvy?

You're not xxing me, are you?? :D

Anyway, you try that Special Materials Edwards, yet? I wanna know how good they are!

What happened to the Dew? Not doing the Dew, now?

8) hello my buddy bonbon-man how r u? nice to see ya here i thought u r only there......anyways no not xxxxing you no.......and u aint either.....thats good! now we r very cool then.......about the edwards special material series les pauls. i first expected for them to go very quickly all 30 units? but as i see there are still more than few left at the stores now it seems. maybe they are too expensive for edwards. people are all generally pretty happy just with the regular edwards gtrs. so thats the news for now. no they still wont let me play them easily coz those gtrs are very rare and expensive. only 30 units right? so not yet really......hey bonbon-man, u can buy one of them if u try now, not too late yet. so as you the special edwards gtr man, why dont you go get one for yourself! its gonna be your super proud bonbon gtr ever!!!!!!!!! ok bonbon, laters!
joe dew. 8)

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/items/detail/55308.html

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/english/

:lol: bonbon-man, buy this and be the star!!!!! in the world of edwards gtr!!!! its only about 160000 yen......so $2000 will do all.......hope u hav an easy $2000 now and let us know later when u got it. gooood luck bonbon-man! joe. 8)

SUSHI GUY said:

:lol: bonbon-man, buy this and be the star!!!!! in the world of edwards gtr!!!! its only about 160000 yen......so $2000 will do all.......hope u hav an easy $2000 now and let us know later when u got it. gooood luck bonbon-man! joe. 8)

Joe! That's a beautiful guitar, but IF I had $2,000USD to spend on a guitar, it would be an older Tokai in that price, or a Greco 1800, or a Burny 150, or a real Gibson. I am not a rich man, I bought a used Edwards 90LTS for a little over $600 (I was only supposed to spend $600, I went just a little over), most of my spending is done on our granddaughter. (It's a great guitar! I will never sell it!)

Back when ochay was selling a bunch of Tokai's I wanted to buy one. That was when I realized I could not afford a Tokai!

Joe! You and gibby have gotten several hard target questions answered by ESP.

1.Bodies, necks and paints done in China. But under watchful eyes of Japanese supervisors and managers. Might as well be MIJ!

2.LP's use "-- The Mahogany that is used in the E-LP series is native to Southeast Asia."

3.? The final mystery. Here is where the final info's are needed!

Are Edwards LP's "weight relieved?" Are even some of them weight relieved?

This question is being asked over and over again on all forums! Can you get the answer, Joe?

When asked the right way, ESP always tells the truth. I guess they like to stand in the shadows. Let's gently lead them into the light! :wink:

After seeing more of your posts, I realize that you know very, VERY much about many guitars. You definitely know a LOT about Gibsuns and Tok's!

Can you please get this final mystery solved?

I humbly say Please. <bows>

See you at the crossroads, Joe! Lets get Mr. Devil Man to tune our guitars! 8) I will bring the beer! What do you like? Kirin? Anchor Steam? :p

He already answered that question:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13843&sid=458c47d980515534fd54118519c0e526

8)

youami said:

http://www.tokaiforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=13843&sid=458c47d980515534fd54118519c0e526

8)

Thank you!

How'd I miss that?

Joe! Do I have permission to post that infos at MLP?

zepping said:
youami said:

8)

Thank you!

How'd I miss that?

Joe! Do I have permission to post that infos at MLP?

:wink: go ahead bonbon-man, its all yours! anyways, no problem so use any of my infos from here but for good purposes only. be careful with those bad ones who steal and make it as theirs. my big important gibson historic work got done so badly by the scumbag named "donerectrong" at LPF. it was and still is the biggest nightmare i have ever experienced. really, those scumbags are so unbelievable. they steal from us and they attack us then if we tell them what they did. who are those scumbags in our societies today? god xxxx em and help us please i really hope. ok bonbon-man. hav good everyday in beautiful oregon somewhere!!!!! joe japan. 8)

zepping said:
SUSHI GUY said:

Joe! That's a beautiful guitar, but IF I had $2,000USD to spend on a guitar, it would be an older Tokai in that price, or a Greco 1800, or a Burny 150, or a real Gibson. I am not a rich man, I bought a used Edwards 90LTS for a little over $600 (I was only supposed to spend $600, I went just a little over), most of my spending is done on our granddaughter. (It's a great guitar! I will never sell it!)

Back when ochay was selling a bunch of Tokai's I wanted to buy one. That was when I realized I could not afford a Tokai!

Joe! You and gibby have gotten several hard target questions answered by ESP.

1.Bodies, necks and paints done in China. But under watchful eyes of Japanese supervisors and managers. Might as well be MIJ!

2.LP's use "-- The Mahogany that is used in the E-LP series is native to Southeast Asia."

3.? The final mystery. Here is where the final info's are needed!

Are Edwards LP's "weight relieved?" Are even some of them weight relieved?

This question is being asked over and over again on all forums! Can you get the answer, Joe?

When asked the right way, ESP always tells the truth. I guess they like to stand in the shadows. Let's gently lead them into the light! :wink:

After seeing more of your posts, I realize that you know very, VERY much about many guitars. You definitely know a LOT about Gibsuns and Tok's!

Can you please get this final mystery solved?

I humbly say Please. <bows>

See you at the crossroads, Joe! Lets get Mr. Devil Man to tune our guitars! 8) I will bring the beer! What do you like? Kirin? Anchor Steam? :p

bonbon-man......hated u before but like u now my buddy!!!!

1/ when whats made more than 60% of the item in china then its called made in china.....no need to be 100%. so since edwards gtrs have their body and neck and finish all nicely done in china only the rests done in japan we must say they are basically officially made in china. and this, ESP said officially many times......so no doubt they are made in china!

2/ yes i asked ESP why edwards gtrs are usually so light and good sounding. they just answered they use the light weight woods......

3/ no.....they are not any weight relieved.....no chamber, no holes....just good sounding light weight mahogany from somewhere....(asia?)

@ ok bonbon-man, see ya at the crossroads someday so keep waiting there for me with the 6 pack in your hand! then we give an edwards gtr to the future robert johnson......then the edwards gtr will be truely famous finally all over the world! thats a good idea! and your fantasy!!!

no problem bonbon-man, just use all the infos right for the good guitar world. too bad that many scumbags on the many gtr forums today. hope it changes someday sooner or later......thanks n gday! .....joe.

:wink:

SUSHI GUY said:

http://www.kurosawagakki.com/english/

Yo, Sushi Joe, why are they using a poly finish on these? What happened to lacquer?

lt.gif

:D the edwards gtr has 3 kinds of the finishes so far.......i think.....

@ poly.....the regular series.......................

@ satin lacquer......the lacquer taste series....

@ gloss lacquer.....the pure material series....

:D

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

:D the edwards japan site but there are more models actually not in this site. like the jimmy pagey relic model ........

Back