Fernandes "Love Driver"

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozgrecofanatic

Reaction score
Hi all..

I've been looking at a tasty Fernandes "Love Driver" but can find almost NO info on them. Can anyone here enlighten me on the build quality of this model. Look here! Tasty gold flake!

http://www.rinkya.com/new/en/auction-b128144735

Dave

2000s strato model ST-85

You can find some info about it if you take some time.

Are you worried they look like they were put together in somebody`s garage? They don`t...I`ve seen many over the years in local shops...was this close to buying one more than once because I own some Fernandes guitars that are outstanding and these models in question, that I`ve seen, were every bit as well made...couldn`t find any flaws on the ones I saw. From my catalogs... alder body, 350 radius finger board, VS-4 p`ups, pull up pot activates front p`up...all in all very nice guitars. They later came in a burst finish...could have even learned to live with the fret board inlay but I have to draw the line somewhere, I already have more great guitars than anybody could want and I don`t need to own them all.
It`s the LD-85KK model, maybe you need to use a translating site...so far I haven`t found one thats perfect but I get my wife to translate when I need to. Even the MI Taiwan models I see are pretty nicely made, if you`re looking for F/USA custom shop quality then maybe you should get one of those but these guitars, the ones I`ve seen anyways, were very nice.

Fernandes catalog 2002,check for it in Fernandes webpage and done.

My info above came from a 2001 catalogue...looking through the 2003 version it is listed in 3 tone burst...if I saw a 2002 catalogue in Sendai then I have one...somewhere...the colors may have changed but the specs didn`t.

Latest posts

Back