Fernandes late 70's FPB-50 bass... any info!

Tokai Forum

Help Support Tokai Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bruno

Reaction score
Can someone here tell me more about these late 70's - early 80's fernandes bass guitars? Any info will do really, construction quality, woods, playability, sound...

thanks

Hello Bruno
Haven't visited the forum for a couple of months, just browsing around and read your post.
See my post on page 3, dated 31 March 2008, I have a Limited Edition series P Bass pictured here, along with my Limited Edition Strat. I believe this series were the first replicas that Fernandes produced, before the Revival series came out. They are of higher quality build than the Revivals. In my opinion the sound/playability of these instruments is equal if not better than the instruments they imitate.
My P Bass is used regularly and is totally original/unmodified. The woods used are authentic - alder body, maple neck, veneer rosewood fingerboard.
As a working instrument, I would not swap it for a Fender. If I was out to make a big!! profit then I would.
Hope this provides the information you need.
Regards.
Baz.

Back